cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a difference in setting up SLD through the gui or the website?

thnx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Drew,

I gottcha now. OK. You are correct here - the SolMan reads back the entries from the SLD. Kind of goofy in a way - you send the information from SolMan out to the SLD just to read it back, but you need to centralize the SLD info somewhere I guess.

I'm more familiar with the SLD in terms of XI and Portal pieces but the technical config is the same in each case. The SLD customers just differ a bit in how they use this information.

Thanks for the insight.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drew,

I need a bit more information to understand this. The SLD application itself is only available thru the Java (J2EE) stack. The ABAP components like SLDAPICUST or RZ70 are used to configure the connections from the ABAP stack <i><b>to</b></i> the SLD.

The SLD administration and core functions are only available thru the J2EE stack. And all segments of the environment - ABAP and J2EE stacks must be configured to point to the SLD in order that the SLD registers all of the components.

Does this answer your question? Please let me know if I've not understood your issue.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the quick respsonse. I was just looking at SMSY_SETUP through the gui and was wondering if this was different than the admin page through the java.

thnx!