cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC and OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have created my RFC destination and using that i am able to get data from another SAP system.

i want to know what files of the OS are required to make the communication with another SAP system? and also which OS files are releated in RFC connection?

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

RFC exists between the two SAP Systems, their is no relation between the OS and the RFC. Is the RFC connection is working and what purpose you want to use the RFC.

Regards,

Rakesh.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be I did not understand your question...

As long as you are talking about SAP-System to SAP-System communication - RFC is part of the kernel and uses disp+work.exe and gwrd.exe.

for writing your own RFC-Client application or RFC-Server application which will communicate with an SAP System you will need the rfcsdk. This will be platform dependend and contain all dll-s libaries.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

None really. The RFC calls from 1 SAP system to another use the dispatcher and message ports, which should already be configured in the system (check the services file). The RFC from one SAP system to another resolves on the servername, FQDN, or IP address (all the same thing really) + the port number of the dispatcher on the target server - in a RFC this is called the gateway, and you need to enter the sapgwXX value, where XX is the instance number of the target system (usually 00 or 01). That's all SAP needs to create an RFC call.

Keep in mind that this means IP addressing must be working on the servers themselves at the OS level (SAP does not create IP addressing, but rather relies on the OS for the capability) If it's working for you, then you are good to go.

Does this information answer your question?

Cheers,

-Tim