cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment cost for manually procured material for WBS eleme

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have run a manual procurement cycle for Network Activity and also for WBS element.But commitment cost is not appearing in the report S_ALR_87013542 Actual/Commitment/Total/Plan in CO area currency when the material is purchased against a WBS element. Account assignment category used in PO is Q. But when account assignment category is used P then commitment cost is getting reflected in the above report.Even the goods report is happening. I would like to know which account assignment category should be used while we are purchasing against WBS element???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi parag sonsale ,

It sounds strange, but I assume, that this issue is related with 'valuated project stock'. Please check at the project header, if such flag (in second tab) is ticket.

If Yes, + Account assignment = Q (Project stock), as far as I understood the scenario, it is like a stock for specified WBS only. As the good receipt, the material is not consumpted yet, so that only a statistical cost is posted to the involved WBS. As the good be issued, the actual costs is booked to the network activity, which this material actually consume.

Back to commitment, if the actual costs will never really booked to the WBS, the commitment must not be booked to the WBS either.

The topic about 'valuated project stock' is somehow complicated, you can find more information in the online help using this key word.

Please reward, wenn the information is usefull.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Parag,

The commitment of the Materials for the special stocks (Q) can appear in report if you create the G/L Account as Cost Element category "90 Statistical cost element for balance" in tcode KA01.

If You create the Cost Element after the postintgs in the Project, use tcode CJEN (Reconstruct project Info Database).

Regards

Elza

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elza,

Very interesting information. I thought, that the statistical costs can only be booked as actual costs. From my point of view, a statistical commitment makes sense as well, but not sure, if it exits.

Hi Parag,

Would you post your result here, after apply the tip by Elza.

thanks and regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elza,

I checked it and such cost element has been maintained,but still when I run a manual pr-po cycle,the commitment cost is not appearing in the report I have mentioed in my first query.My other doubt is" Is there any relation of this problem with 'Item category and Account Assignment Category'?"

For ex.

IC AAC Description

std. Q Project Make to order

std. N Network

std. P Project

D P Service

The above table is the description in IMG(SPRO)

Now the problem of commitment cost not appearing when I am purchasing against WBS element and using the combination of std. and Q,the commitment cost is not appearing.Otherwise when I am using combination of std. and P,the commitment cost is getting reflected.

I would like to if anybody knows what can be the possible problem?

Thanks in advance

Parag