cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please explain me in detail about Mercator,is it possible to learn it ,can i get this software online?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the below links

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Mercator is EAI Mappining Tool like a middleware.Its not involved in end-to-end applications.Its just mapping tool.Its also one of the middleware technology like XI,webmethods.

You can learn this easily and I think you cannot get the s/w online...Check this link

http://edocs.bea.com/elink/dio/v12/mercug/wkshappb.htm

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Mercator is another EAI Tool like XI.As far as its play with SAP, it's been a leader in this space. Mercator provided multiple ways to connect to SAP, whether it was through it's own ALE adapters or through messaging products. It was one of the first mature products to manage enterprise integration, especially with SAP. Mercator's ability to read an IDoc definition in seconds and build its own type trees (data structures, type definitions) proved to be a real return on investment. Rapid application integration development was extremely important to those project managers faced with managing project cost, time, and delivery of functionality. Leveraging the re-use of its type definitions proved useful and reduced implementation costs in many cases. I've enjoyed working with many EAI software packages and Mercator is one that should definitely be reviewed if you need to integrate with SAP.

Please Reward points.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sreeram

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Mercator is one type EAI Mappining Tool.It is used for the transfer the date from source to target systems.formely it is called Mercator ,now its called as DataStage TX in WBI tools.it is trasfer the all data types like XML,Binary and EDI.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ramesh