cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR to SCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a simple question about the sapmake utility. I have used to create an SCA from various archives and am familiar with its workings.

What I want to know is that is it possible to create an SCA from an EAR file. I have created an SCA from an EPA <i>and</i> an EAR file but I want to create an SCA from an EAR.

Theoritically this should be possible because an EAR is considered to be an SDA. Since an SCA is used to pack multiple or a single SDA(s), it should be possible to create a valid SCA out of an EAR.

But when I tried it, the SCA build process went perfectly and I did get an SCA. The JSPM however, does <i>not</i> recognize this SCA at all! It says the inbox is completely empty. However, when I pack in the EAR with an EPA coverted to SDA and create an SCA, this SCA is immediately recognised.

So why cant I create a valid SCA from only an EAR file?

Thanks for looking into it!

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Zip the EAR file using winzip and name the filename i.e. <filename>.zip. Then rename the file extension i.e. <filename>.zip to <filename>.sca.

Hope this will work. I tried the reverse way & it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Sorry for the late reply. My problem was solved by the sapmake itself. I had a corrupt manifest file that was the problem.

Thanks anyways!

Sameer