cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Activities in DC Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whats is "Closed Activities in DC Perspective" means? When is it useful?

Can the other users(eg: User2) release the activity which is created by User1?

Regards,

Jhansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jhansi,

You are not obliged to activate an activity immediately after check-in. So in the Activation View you can activate checked-in (but not activated) activities.

It is not possible to release activities of other users in the transport view. You can only release the activities you checked-in and activated. Sometimes releasing an activity triggers the release of activities of other users (release with all predecessors). In that way you can release activities of other users, but this is control by the nwdi.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

When I go to the "Closed Activities" view in the DC Perspective of NWDS it shows some activities in .......dev//inactive/ track. What does this mean?

Regards,

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my studio this view is in the DTR perspective, hence the confusion I think.

You can find more information regarding this view <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9e/859520f82f9e4c828b724fe68e43f9/content.htm">here</a>. You can perform some DTR operations with this perspective.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

when you work within a "track" there is a "dev" and a "cons" system. For each system (and developed SC) there is an inactive and an active workspace. Developers usually work exclusively in .../dev/inactive, i.e. that's just the workspace where you as developer create and commit/submit/close activities. When you activate an activity (successfully or by force) CBS will integrate the changelist/activity from dev/inactive to dev/active. If you release the activity it will be transported from dev/active to cons/inactive and CBS will integrate it then from cons/inactive to cons/active.

Regards,

Marc

Answers (0)