cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role of XI SUpport pro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Could you tell me the roles of XI support guy in a project.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically it would involve the monitoring of the system for errors. And in case of the existance to control the same. It can also include additional development in terms of change requests. But finally the defined job, will be based on the SLA between the client and you So it can vary a lot !!!

But go thru this blog to get an overview of a support job in XI - /people/prashanth.azharuddin/blog/2006/11/24/some-errors-in-an-xi-production-environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please give me a few more documents on XI Support? What kind of interview questions can I expect for the Support role?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

They'd probably ask about routine jobs you'd schedule, refreshing caches, process of patching, transactions for monitoring, the use of the Java Admin Console/Offline Config Editor and when you might use each, using NWA (Netweaver Administrator), and possibly using CMS and the functions of the DTR and CBS etcetera....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry,

From where can I get to read all these topics, that you just mentioned?

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Support guys role is responsible for production support . As we get production issuses after golive we have the support guys how does the bug fixes and maintance of the interfaces and enchancemnts of exhisting interfaces.

If you still have any questions please reply to it please award points.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Reddy,

Could you please help me in providing the SAP -FICO Supporting day to day functions and - about the Interview , because i will be having an interview for SAP -FICO Supporting role project.

please help me

Thanking you

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

SAP distinguishs 2 different kind of consultants:

a) development consultants (design & configuration)

b) technical consultants (installation, patching, security, backup, restore ...)

Regards Mario