cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Ticket/Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to create the sales ticket which will trigger as requirements in the APO. Can anyone guide me how to do it?

Currently we are using Planned Independent Requirements and the system will auto transfer to APO. But we trigger the PIR as Production Ticket, not Sales Ticket/Forecast.

Our sales forecast is divides to Replacement Sales and Export Sales. Both department will have their own sales forecast (manual spreadsheet). The production department will then combined the total of the 2 sales forecast manually and then key the total into the PIR.

I would like to enter these sales ticket into SAP, can anyone guide me how to do so?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

If you are planning to use APO-DP for your Replacement and Export Sales then these departments should be using DP and not Manual Spreadsheet. The combined forecast from these two departments can be stored in two different keyfigures in APO-DP. Sum the two keyfigures to total forecast keyfigure and release it to SNP. That way the total forecast is of type FA or FC (as you need) and can be used to drive production plan.

Depending on whether you are using SNP or PPDS the appropriate Heuristic run will consider the forecast released from DP and create the net requirement elements (considering Stock and Expected receipts if any) in form of Planned or Production Orders.

That should be the approach for the business requirement rather than just carry out some custom enhancement to auto create Forecast from PIR in APO.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Can you guide me how to set up the DP master data? From the SAP Library, there is one step which required us to create a master planning object structure and select DP BOMs relevant. But I couldn't find anywhere which can allowed me to do so?

I want to auto auto generating PPMs for Demand Planning as well. But do not know how to start.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

Please go through the following forum threads:

These should answer your questions.

However I would ask why you want to use DP BOM functionality in your case. The DP BOM functionality is used when you are forecasting for the finished product as well as one of the components. For example you have a music system which is the finished product but you also sell the speaker set individually. In that case you forecast for the spreaker sets and the music system. The system through DP BOM functionality automatically calculates the dependent forecast for Spreakers coming from the Music System. You can then add that to the independent demand of speaker system to come up with total demand for spreakers.

As regards auto generating of PPMs for Demand Planning - are you asking how the DP PPMs get generated while creating CVCs for the MPOS? That is a bit tricky but you goto Create CVCs (/SAPAPO/MC62) --> click on Create Single CVC (or something else) --> Go back from the next screen and now in the initial screen of MC62 you get additional buttons under Maintain Characteristic Combinations: Generate DP PPMs and Add BOM Information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

What I really want to achieve is when I forecasting the finished products (maybe for 2 months ahead), I would like to know my raw materials (at the lowest BOM) total demands and whether my raw material can cover up the forecast for the finished products.

Is DP BOM functionality suitable for my case? Or is there any functionality that I can use to serve this purpose?

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sim,

DP BOM is not the functionality for your case. You should forecast for finished products in DP, release the forecast to SNP where you can do a Product Heuristic run to explode the BOM (single-level using a SNP PPM) to get the dependent component requirements. You can check this component requirement against your component stock and/or planned receipts.

Based on that you have a constrained forecast that you can transfer back to DP for further planning. With DP BOM you can see the dependent component requirement in DP immediately but then you will not have other supply data to check it against.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath