cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

what should i do if i get RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation

i wen to trace and what should i do there .

please help me

thanking you

sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

test it like shown in my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the error in the trace file and fix the mapping accordingly. What error did u see in the trace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Trace level="1" type="T">Interface Mapping urn:Flextronics.com/Transaction/Forcast_830 BaaN_Forecast_IDDID_IM</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">RuntimeException during appliction Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_BaaN_Forcast_IDDID_MM_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /ns1:ProductActivityNotification/ProductActivity/Item/ShipToLocation/InternalID. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start

i think there was a error in Ship to location .

i dont know how to find it

thanks

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

It's issue with your mapping logic . It is failing to create Ship to Location node in the target as it is set to occur minimum once .

Please test it using the context queue which will help you where the node is getting failed with sample test data in mapping editor.

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

>>Cannot produce target element /ns1:ProductActivityNotification/ProductActivity/Item/ShipToLocation/InternalID

Open message mapping, double click on the<b> InternalID</b> field. Look into the mapping. Does it have any UDF? Check the value for the corresponding source field...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie check if the source field linked to ShipToLocation has data into it. if not check the cardinality of the target node. if >0 then set to 0..1 and check the mapping. Keep posted on the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry , actually how check for a particular field please give me the steps

thank

sridhar