cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing : Tax (Excise)Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

I have a issue in hand, please reply asap.

My client has requested some changes in the standard process of calculating Excise Duty and Cess. Normally we are calculating the ED and Cess on the Basic Price but the requirement is that now the Basic price will remain the same but excise will be calculated on another amount ( i.e. Customer's MRP ).

we have used JINFAC pricing pro as base to create the pricing Procedure.

The client requires this particular changes to take place only for a particular customer not for all.

What all changes i have to make, please help

Thanks in advance

amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Is the Customer MRP mapped in your Pricing procedure as one of the condition types? else you need to add another condition type as MRP, maitain condition records for the same and take this as basis for the calculations i.e., sub-totals etc.

instead of Basic Price.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for immediate reply.

we haven't mapped the MRP in the pri.pro.If I map it , then each and every scenario will be affected n I don't want that to happen. this MRP based calculation of ED is only applicable for a customer not for all.

If I have two condition types for the basis of calculation of excise duty which one I should give as the base (Fro column of pri pro) for the ED condition type

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Then why not create a new pricing procedure for this customer alone and when 2 have 2 conditions types you can give MRP one as basis for calculation.

Some time back we had similar situation and we have created a new pricing procedure and with MRP condition type and this solve dth eproblem.

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In your case how did you determined the pricing procedure....?

In my project I have to make these changes in pricing procedure as, one customer could have faced both the scenarios, and for this situation we could have faced issue related pricing procedure determination.

Thanks and Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anit,

What we did is we created a new customer pricing procedure and new condition type, new pricing procedure and changed the determination, so that when ever we create a order for this customer system reads a new pricng procedure and the problem was solved.

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In ur case, if system should use both the pricing procedure for the same transaction, alternatively, depending upon the scenario... that cann't be done, so i changed the pricing procedure

amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could u elaborate what routine and what subtotal u had used for the purpose.

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As I had 2 different prices (basic price n Customers MRP price) for calculating Excise , n for diff. scenarios, I created a new condition type meant for customer's MRP price and used Subtotal ' 1', then condition type used for excise duty in that used routine '600' (newly created) in Alternative condition base value, which compared the value from subtotal (MRP) field with '0', if the said field is not equal to 0 then system ll pick the value i.e. the value from the subtotal field(MRP), else system will pick the value of basic price for the calculating the Excise (as per the pri pro previously maintained).

Guess this is helpful, please revert if any query.

Thanks and Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As I had 2 different prices (basic price n Customers MRP price) for calculating Excise , n for diff. scenarios, I created a new condition type meant for customer's MRP price and used Subtotal ' 1', then condition type used for excise duty in that used routine '600' (newly created) in Alternative condition base value, which compared the value from subtotal (MRP) field with '0', if the said field is not equal to 0 then system ll pick the value i.e. the value from the subtotal field(MRP), else system will pick the value of basic price for the calculating the Excise (as per the pri pro previously maintained).

Thanks and Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks and Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

No suggestion helped.

But after using a subtotal and routine for alternative condition base value the issue is resolved.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try this pricing procedure

10 0 ZMRP Max. Retail Price 0 0

12 0 ZMRD MRP disc for Ins/Cbl 10 0

<b>14 0 MRP-MRP Disc 10 12</b>100 0 PR00 Price 0 0

120 0 ZSD1 Inst/Cable Prod Disc 100 0

130 0 ZSD2 Customer Discount 100 0

150 0 Net Price of Std Discounts 100 140

155 0 Rebate Basis 100 140