cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holding status in Adapter Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have messages stuck in "holding" status in AF, but no prior messages in an errored status. Anyone ever see this before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which SP do have? Is the message with EOIO handling? Did you try to restart the message?

Check note 811864, maybe it might help you.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SP10, moving up to 11 as I type this. Yes, this is EOIO. They will not restart.

We THINK that the archive/purge jobs removed an event in "failed" status from the same EOIO Q (note 813993 indicates this is a bug fixed in SP11) and now our messages are stuck.

I looked into 811864 - our messages are not in "terminated incorrectly" status. However, we are looking thru that note & some related ones to figure out how to get rid of those messages, because the purge jobs aren't picking them up. (Perhaps because we are on our way up to SP11...) Timing!!! Any more advice on how to clear any & all messages for XI in the IE or AF is appreciated. We are just on a sandbox, and this seems to be something we wish we had about twice a week.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The messages will not be archived, when the are in mode 'hold' or 'restart'. Mark the message and click on 'terminate' or 'cancel' button. Then the message can be archived or deleted. They get status "terminated incorrectly" then.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Unable to cancel 1 of 1 messages".

Even if we were able to cancel, I think they next new message would have the same problem - because we can list every single message since this system was created, and none are in error status, which means we can't clear the one causing the holdup. When we changed the internal Q listed in the adapter, we are able to send information again. (And now that we are on SP11, we cannot cancel/archive those messages...)

Like I said, that note referred to archive jobs that archived all messages, regardless of status - which was later fixed. I think we are going to move forward on the assumption that we got caught with this bug, and test the theory on SP11 & hopefully we don't have this occur again.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In note 816022 you find some trouble shooting for AE, maybe there is something in, that is interesting for you?

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced the similar problem today.

Here all the notes are telling us about the misconfiguration.

Could you please give some more inputs on this MISCONFIGURATION.

Thanks & Regards

Katta Mohan Reddy

Answers (0)