Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of MDM's material master relevant XI Content and Business Content

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In MDM's material-relevant XI content, there's a message interface "MDMMatmasIn". But in the demo system this interface is not used to write material master data to file. The IDoc type MATMAS.MATMAS05 is used instead. No mapping is used. May I ask why?

I tried the 00_MATMAS05_R3.map file and can import file in the format of MATMAS.MATMAS05. But some value mappings are not done and have to be added manually. Do I miss precedent steps?

In MDM Business content, there're lots of import map files like 00_MATMAS05_R3.map and 03b_Units_SAP_R3.map. During the data consolidation procedure, should we just use one map to import the IDoc-XML file? Shouldn't we first use other map file to fill the lookup tables? If not, what are those map files used for? Is there any document about the usage of those map files?

Very sorry for asking so many questions. I'm very new in this area and desperately need help...

Best Regards

Jerome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I'm afraid that I can't answer all of your questions, but I've worked with the XI content for DEBMAS before.

First, you're right, you should import the lookup tables first, before you import the main table data. You have to use one map per source/destination table combination, that's why there are so many.

There is also a good documentation for this procedure, I can send it to you if you provide me with your email address.

Regards,

Christiane

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks a lot. Can you please send the documentation to jerome_zhao@hotmail.com?

Best Regards

Jerome

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks for the document. But I didn't find how to import the customization data into the lookup tables. For example, in the MDM standard business content, the "Material" repository contains a lookup table "Material Type". It doesn't contain the values like "ROH" and "HAWA". How can we fill such tables?

And the standard map "00_MATMAS05_R3" doesn't automatically add such values into lookup table by value mapping. When I tried to import a material master, I had to manually modify this map. Is there any solution to this problem?

Best Regards

Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

you also have to export the lookup tables (R/3 check data) and import them into MDM before you fill the main table.

I had the same problem regarding the value mapping. If automap doesn't work (e.g. the lookup table display field doesn't match your source data) you might have to change the display field settings of the lookup table so that it matches the field you receive from R/3. Then, you should be able to use automap. In the config options of Import Manager, you can say that it should always automap and automatically add new values. This way, you should be able to automate the process.

Regards,

Christiane

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

have a look at SAP Note 830864!

Kind regards

Michael

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot. I can load a lot of matreial-relevant data now. May I ask whether such a load can differentiate between inital load and delta load? I mean, if I add a plant to the organizational structure, should I run the extraction report and get all the data and load it once again? Or can I just load the added data?

Thanks + Best Regards

Jerome

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

the reports do support a full load only. Deltas are not implemented. Anyways if you add plants only, you only have to re-import the plants. This should be quite fast, because the IM will realize that there are only a few new ones and don't do anything with the already existing ones.

Kind regards

Michael

former_member343107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks! I think I got what is needed.

Best Regards

Jerome

Answers (0)