cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

startsap is not recognising ERS or REP instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have installed SAP on UNIX (HP). I am able to start ASCS, DVEBMGS and D instances with startsap tool. But When i tried to start ERS or REP (Enqueue Replication Server) which is configured manually from SAP docs with startsap i am getting the following ERROR.

bash-3.00$ ./startsap r3 ERS08 sapsc2ers

no start profiles found

bash-3.00$ echo $?

Any idea why I am getting this error. When I see inside startsap script where this messaged is coming from i noticed the following inside the function set_instance.

-

1. Multiple instances?

INSTANCEscs=""

INSTANCEascs=""

INSTANCEjc=""

INSTANCEj=""

INSTANCEdvebmgs=""

INSTANCEd=""

INSTANCEg=""

INSTANCEtrx=""

INSTANCEw=""

INSTANCEjms=""

TEMPINST=""

CHECKINST="SCS ASCS \"D?*\" JC D J JMS G TRX W"

NINSTANCEFOUND=0;

INSTANCEFOUND=0;

NINST=""

for INSTANCENAME in $CHECKINST; do

eval INSTANCENAME=$INSTANCENAME

PROFILES=`echo /usr/sap/$SAPSYSTEMNAME/SYS/profile/START_$INSTANCENAME??_"$HOSTNAME"`

setTrace "PROFILES=$PROFILES"

-

Is it (startsap) not considering ERS or REP instance for startup? I am able to start ERS with sapstart though.

Any help will be appreciated.

tx,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am installing XI in HA envionment. Can you share any material you have regarding installing HA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Tanuj,

What type of information you are looking for? Which cluster software you are planning to use in your HA. Send me an e-mail to venkatareddy_chappavarapu@symantec.com directly with the information.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Have you setup the Replication server profile as shown below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/de/cf853f11ed0617e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh