cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can delete a delivery after picking was done?

tomer_zimmerman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Someone knows if it is a bug or a feature that I can delete a delivery although it was already fully picked and the status is "C"?

I am not sure since when I can delete a delivery even after picking was done, maybe it started after our upgrade to ECC 6.0 but

Any way I need to change it and I am not sure if it is a bug or some customization cause it?

Thank you

Tomer Zimmerman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomer;

This is a feature of SAP. We are on 4.7 and I tested the above scenario. The delivery gets deleted even if the picking is done. I have not tested using the confirmations.

I think this is because there is no real impact in accounting or inventory terms. Because picking does not create any transactional dicoments.

Pls reward if useful.

Regards,

Mani

tomer_zimmerman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you

it helps a lot

Now I know that if the user claim that it did not work like that i the past then it is involve some In house development. We have SAP for 12 years and some development are history not documented

SO now my question is if someone have any knowledge where such development can be added? User Exit that works with the deletion transaction?

lcastedoaafintl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, from the accounting point of view, but when you have WM then it's a real mess because now we can't reverse the picking and bring the materials back to the racks. Worst, if we have inventory differences on the racks, maybe the material is sitting on the 916 picking area. It creates all kinds of havoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

after picking was done means

1. Reverse the PGI - <b>VL09</b>

2. Delete the Delivery - <b>VL02N</b>

Not reverse PGI, U cannot delete the delivery,

tomer_zimmerman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

PGI was not made yet only picking.