Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application - BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using ECC5.0 ,EP6 with ESS/MSS

In ESS, how do we track which particular webdynpro application is using which BAPI, to get the content displayed from the backend.

and if made any changes in the BAPI, how to reflect the same with the WDP appl'n so we get the modified content in Portal. ( bcoz, the functionality of standard BAPI is being replaced with the customized BAPI)

Regards,

NR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NR,

You have to go thru the code to find out which BAPI's are used. Look for the models. In the beginning the best thing to do, is to start in the view and track the actions all the way down to the other components because calls are made from different components.

Regarding your custom BAPI, you'll have to remove the model for the BAPI you want to replace and import the custom BAPI at the same place. But I do not think this will be an easy job, because you'll have to go thru all the code and check all mappings and bindings.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

That was a useful information.Being new to this , I have many doudts in the points that you just specified.

How can I get the code of standard webdynpro application into NWDS to search out corresponding code of models,views/components ?

Actually my scenario is like this.

We have the "WhosWho and Change Office and Communication Data" under the Employee search workset at the Portal end.

Now when i go to WhosWho , it displays me the fields along with the new added field "Mobile Telephone" . But when i go to modify the entries thru the 'Change Office and Communication Data' I dont see the 'Mobile Telephone' field present there.

So i read in the forms that 'Change Office and Comm. Data' application(webdynpro) retrieves information from the standard Bapi' HRXSS_COD_GET_DETAIL' in the backend. Therefore, I ran the Bapi in the backend and there I saw only 5 general fields were displaying in the Table Detail of Export Parameters( the Mobile Telephone field was not present there)

So can we modify the standard Bapi to add another field , in return thats displayed in the Portal.

How can i acheive it? Whats the best way to get that Mobile Telephone field to be displayed in COD at the portal end .

Please suggest .

Regards,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

The recommended way to customize the ess software is by setting up your NWDI. Check the ESS Cookbook for more information on this. You can find the cookbook attached to note 872892 at the service marketplace.

I do not know the details of HRXSS_COD_GET_DETAIL. I would not advice to replace a standard BAPI with a custom one, it triggers too many changes in the web dynpro's. Do you only need to display the mobile number? If so, you can create a BAPI that returns only the extra field(s) and use that one where needed to display the fields.

Regards,

Christophe

Answers (0)