Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR SECURITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can any one who is working on HR Security (Delegation of Authority) provide me the procedure.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Delegation of Authority is a part of HR Security.

The person who is transfering the authority is called as Delegator and the person to whom the Delegator is transfering is called as Delegate

Before proceeding we need to check in Organization level to ensure that the delegator can delegate to only equal level or higher level. But not to lower level person.

There are two Tcodes involved i.e PA20 and PO13.

Logon to HR server and check the position of delegator by display organizational data details with transaction code PA20. Here you have to choose Org Assignment and period as All and select the display button.

In the next screen you will find the position which you need to copy .

Then go to PO13 and paste the above copied position and select Relationships and all and select overview button.

Now double click on Relation Text ‘Holder’ by abbr which is last name of delegator and select copy button.

In the new screen change the type of related object from person to user ,

ID of related object copy the Delegate User ID and press enter and then finally change the validy dates i.e starting and ending date of delegation select the SAVE button.

Now its all set , the Delegate will be receiving all the ites from the Delegator inbox from the starting date till the end date of delagation.

*pls provide points if you find usefull

Bye

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Delegation of Authority is a part of HR Security.

The person who is transfering the authority is called as Delegator and the person to whom the Delegator is transfering is called as Delegate

Before proceeding we need to check in Organization level to ensure that the delegator can delegate to only equal level or higher level. But not to lower level person.

There are two Tcodes involved i.e PA20 and PO13.

Logon to HR server and check the position of delegator by display organizational data details with transaction code PA20. Here you have to choose Org Assignment and period as All and select the display button.

In the next screen you will find the position which you need to copy .

Then go to PO13 and paste the above copied position and select Relationships and all and select overview button.

Now double click on Relation Text ‘Holder’ by abbr which is last name of delegator and select copy button.

In the new screen change the type of related object from person to user ,

ID of related object copy the Delegate User ID and press enter and then finally change the validy dates i.e starting and ending date of delegation select the SAVE button.

Now its all set , the Delegate will be receiving all the ites from the Delegator inbox from the starting date till the end date of delagation.

*pls provide points if you find usefull

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I also want to know if there are any restrictions in selecting the type of users in doing the delegation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some restrictions based on the type of users .

The DOA is valid for the users are considered permanent employees of the company and not for contractors or temporary employees.

The main difference between the permanent and other employees is that the permanent employees hold position in HR under the PA20 while others don't.

The entire proces is also related with the workflow , i am refering to the flow of items related with the inbox items.

Thanks

0 Kudos

If I may, I would like to ask whether the authorization (provided this is assigned through OM) is delegated alongside workflow items?

I have a similar question in the HCM forum, but it probably belongs here :