0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Suppose there is a hierarchy -

Country

-

State

-

City

and a new city gets added ... how do we do this value mapping during import. ?

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

if you import the cities from a flat table, it has to exist already in the destination so you can automap in the value mapping.

If it doesn't, you have to build a hierarchy in the source field to match the parent nodes.

You can either do this with partitioning if you have the country state and city in different fields or by using a source field that has the full path separated by delimiters.

Tell me if you need additional info on how to build hierarchies.

Regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christiane,

We are importing from a xml input and the country,state and city are concatenated in the xml - we are partitioning it during import. All the 3 fields are already there in the repo .

Yes..I would like more info on how to build hierarchies.. more importantly - how to automate the import. [specially value mapping]

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane, Vinay and MDM experts!

We're facing a similar issue in our project: we'd like to know if there's a way that Import Manager and Server can <b>automap</b> values for a main table file into a hierarchy lookup field. It becomes specially tricky because we can have the same codes for leaf nodes. Suppose the following hierarchy is already imported:

---<b>20</b>

---<b>20</b>

Then, on the main table file we have:

Customer1, 10, 20

Customer2, 40, 20

Customer3, 10, 30

and so on...

We can format the file in other layout or with other delimiters and such so it'll help MDM find automatically the hierarchy nodes it's supposed to link. The big question then is how can we accomplish this?

Actually it will be even trickier because we can have more display fields on the hierarchy lookup, but for now I think that's enough.

Thank you a lot in advance.

Answers (0)