Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master Data require in XML format for MDM Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

Is there any program or transaction which can download the material master

in a specific format preferably XML which can be uploaded into MDM.

The Client will send me some test material data which we need to use for MDM Prototype.We do not have any ALE connection set up with the client so that option is ruled out of getting IDOC using MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

Can we download the Material Master data in XML flate file format using any transaction?

Regards

Prashanta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

we have a same requirement.

can you help me know the steps you followed in solving this?

Many Thanks for your help

BR

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With reference to your post:

i could not access the link.

do we need to use XI to convert idoc xml file to xml file or just use xml port to generate xml file.

can import manager understand the xml file generated by xml port ?

sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prshant,

Did you know that the IDOC's from R/3 can be sent out in XML format using an XML port and you can use the IDOC schema to import data into MDM easily without any additional coding?

In order to implement this again you have to have a dummy ALE Scenario defined, only difference would be you will be writing to a file location all the XML IDOC's using an XML file portto a dummy logical system defined.

Let me know if you need more information.

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanta,

Transaction MDMGX won't work? You will have to write custom function module to customize the XML.

-Jagathi

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagathi,

transaction MDMGX is designed to extract customizing / Reference data. You cannot load Master Data with this transaction!

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input.I'll need to write some function or mapping to convert to XML as of MDM5.5 sp3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

R/3 can not give you XML file , but the best you can do is to download data into excel and then convert to XML . The only problem you have to face is to download data from other tabls as well than Mara (may be using view) .

This is trick since we always used ALE setup . Hope there is a better way .

- An