cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release DP plan to PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can we release Forecast plan from APO-DP to APO-PPDS. If so what is the transaction? If not how do we achieve this? Answers will be suitably rewarded. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

My understanding of the term: "DP forecast can either be sent to R/3 or SNP" means following:

By feature of SAP APO, when you have both, SNP and PPDS plannings in place, (It's universally true that PPDS is done for a shorter time horizon, than SNP). The SNP starts planning from the end of PPDS horizon. Thus, keeping both PPDS and SNP environments exclusive. This means that whatever demands fall in near future, are considered for PPDS planning, and remaining for SNP planning. Thus, your DP forecast is considered for PPDS.

Rgds,

Sarah.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried to release DP Forecast to SNP but Im gettting error message like " Plannable CVC's does not exist".

Another point I don;t understand how to use a copy of the Planning area 9ASNP02 as per your reply posted. Can you pls clarify what am missing out?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You need to have product-location in the Product Master data that match the characteristics that release from DP

This should match the characterisitics that you call as Product and Location in the releaseto SNP (/SAPAPO/MC90). If they dont match you need to create product loctions in the product master (/SAPAPO/MAT1).

Try to release one Prod location first and see if you still get the error

2. In the administration of Planning Area right click on the 9ASNP02 and create a copy with a different name and initialize it. you can use 9ASNP02 also but you cant change anything in the planning area design because it is a SAP delivered planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the Characteristic Value combinations exists for the product and location from as seen from transaction /SAPAPO/MC62. Per your suggestion I've created the location in Product master using transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1. Even then when I try to release DP to SNP, am getting the error message "No Plannable Characteristic Combinations available".

Meanwhile creating 9ASNP02 copy a mandatory one and what is the use of this here for releases?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

I presume you mean you have created the product in the location so that it matches the characteristics you are releasing from DP

Very importantly, Please check if you have assigned the Product in the product master to the active model . you will get the same error if it is not

If your CVC in DP does not match the Product location in SNP your release will not be successful. The error might seem to indicate that you need to check your CVC it doesnt mention you check your Product location combination.

As i mentioned a copy of 9ASNP02 is not mandatory if you are ready to use the SAP delivered planning area as it is.

Copying it gives you access to change if necessary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath / Sarah,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Your answer mostly answered my question though. I will get back to you after I perform some testing of the same. I've awarded points for you.

Regards

Bala

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

There is no direct way to release the Forecast from DP to PPDS. You need to release the Forecast from DP to SNP (use a copy of standard SNP Planning Area - 9ASNP02). This was the Timeseries Forecast in DP gets converted to Orderseries data (choose suitable ATP Category like FA). The same forecast is then available both in SNP as well as PPDS (check in Product View for the location product /SAPAPO/RRP3).

You can then plan for receipt elements for the forecast in PPDS by running Heuristics.

Hope this helps.

Somnath