cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Adapter Classpath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks...

I am having problems with a conflicting Java .class file existing on WebAS and in a WebLogic driver I deployed for use with the JMS adapter. I am looking for a problem solving approach for this issue.

I am able to post a message to WebLogic using a JMS receiver adapter, but the adapter immediately invalidates with a ClassCast exception once the message has been posted. After intensive debugging of the Java code in the driver I have discovered that this due to a conflict with WebAS due to a .class file with the exact same name. Specifically Request.class. WebAS has a Request.class and the WebLogic driver contains a Request.class, hence the ClassCast exception.

What I am hoping is that there is a way to isolate the classpath for the adapter so that I can prioritize the .jar file before the standard SAP .jars. This way the adapter will find the WebLogic Request.class file before the SAP Request.class.

If someone has a different way to approach this problem I am all ears. As usual many thanks for reading this note. -Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if there is way to do that, but if you dont need WebAS Request.class, you can rename or delete and then check how its working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid to delete it because it is an application server resource and I'm sure it is being used somewhere. Thanks for responding though.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete those classes.

Check topic 11.1 in the link below.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/Configuration_Guide_FP.pdf

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks thanks for responding. I saw that the config guide calls for deleting the standard JMS classes, which we did. My concern is that the full package name for the Request.class is <i>weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request</i> and the WebAS class is something like <i>com.sap.jmx.Request</i>. If the package name were javax.jms.* or sun.jms.* I would not have a problem deleting it. Since the package name is SAP specific I am worried about just deleting it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks... In case anyone is interested. The full path for the Request and Response objects in WebAS are

\usr\sap\RKK\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tc~uddi\servlet_jsp\uddi\root\WEB-INF\classes\com\sap\uddi\interfaces

\usr\sap\RKK\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps\com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl\private\classes\com\sap\netweaver\bc\uwl\core\push

They appear to be related to UDDI and UWL. So this afternoon I am going to try and delete them to see if the problem is corrected. If anyone has information on what these class files do then that would be helpful as well. I know that WebAS comes out of the box with services that are not always used by every usage type. It may be that these files are not needed by XI.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS has told me that SAP does not currently have support for the WebLogic JMS Adapter, and will not until later this year. Thanks for your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos