cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Profile by Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have Forecast profiles that run as Batch jobs once in a month and there are other forecast profiles which users execute in the interactive planning.

I was wondering if any configuration can be made to prevent users from viewing Batch Run Forecast Profiles in the Interactive Planning.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju

If you name your Batch run Profiles with a specific Prefix then you can use the Authorization object C_APO_PRPF to restrict access to those profiles by the users (and allow access for the batch run username)

hoep that helps

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

One can restrict a user to perform batch Job with Auto Obj. C_BATCH ,and about authorization Object C_APO_PRPF which is for authorization for Forecast Profile , as per my knowledge this is applicable from

SCM 4.1 onwards Release .

Tnks// Digs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. That was helpful. However I just want to know how to use the object authorization. Do I have to contact login authorization team to execute such request?

please advise.

Thanks

SAnju

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a Authorization team(or SAP security team) that helps a lot - just give them the object and the who(or what role) is to be assigned to what Forecast profile

but if you are a stand-alone consultant then try transaction PFCG

go to environment>Authorization objects> drill down to where this object is (or search).

There would be some help on authorizations that you can read to get an idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thanks for the input. We do have SAP security Team who work on Authorization issues.

We have SCM 4.0 and I was referering to SAP note 400434 which tell me that forecast profile authorization is for SCM 4.1 and up.

Anyways appreciate eveyone's input.

Regards,

Sanju

Answers (0)