cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just starting to look at SAP/NetWeaver for our company. I just installed it and decided to start with the first example, Converter. Went through the tutorial and got all that finished. Starting server, I get this log in request. I enter the login name and password for my machine same thing I typed in when I installed and .. NO GO..

<b>How do I get rid of this password stuff or find the one it wants or</b> .. I just want to run my simple app and see something work. I am the only one on this machine I don’t need passwords.

<b>Also how do I know what port number to use</b> to run this newly created app.. is it 50004?

Feb 5, 2007 2:19:24 PM /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-22,5,main]] ERROR: com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.AuthenticationException: com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.AuthenticationException: BaseLoginException.Cannot get initial context.

Reason: Cannot authenticate the user.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.DCClientImpl.<init>(DCClientImpl.java:47)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.DCClientFactoryImpl.createClient(DCClientFactoryImpl.java:80)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:181)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager.deploy(DeployThreadManager.java:358)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.SDMManager.deployArchives(SDMManager.java:148)

at com.sap.ide.j2ee.wtpserver.SAPPublisher.publish(SAPPublisher.java:175)

at com.sap.ide.j2ee.wtpserver.SAPServerBehaviour.publishModules(SAPServerBehaviour.java:294)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:610)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.doPublish(Server.java:803)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publish(Server.java:791)

at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.PublishServerJob.run(PublishServerJob.java:145)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.AuthenticationException: BaseLoginException.Cannot get initial context.

Reason: Cannot authenticate the user.

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.checkForTicketException(SessionImpl.java:233)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.getContext(SessionImpl.java:182)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:115)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.newSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:24)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.impl.ClientFactoryImpl.createClient(ClientFactoryImpl.java:66)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.DCClientImpl.<init>(DCClientImpl.java:42)

... 11 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

><b>How do I get rid of this password stuff or find the one it wants or</b>

For this you need to change authentication for your application. One can do it through NWDS.

(Remove Basic or Form based authentication definition there)

><b>Also how do I know what port number to use </b>

Normally the port should be 5{two digit Instance Number}00 , so if you have 00 as instance number, the correct port would be 50000

(50004 is a P4 port and used for connection to VA)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Administrator... the username is "Administrator".. Took me a while to find it.. Maybe this should be mentioned in the tutorial..