cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install CRM 5.0 SP2 on openSUSE 10.2 / Oracle.10.2.0.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to install, as a testing purpose, an CRM 5.0 SP2 (ABAP + Java) / Oracle 10.2.0.2 on an Linux openSuSE 10.2 box. I know this versionof linux is not certified by SAP (only SuSE 10 Enterprise Server) but I would still like to install it in this one.

So the problem is this one: after ABAP load finished successfully in the next phase java load the sapinst is stopping and that's the error in suggested log files:

into jload.log file:

05.02.07 04:22:03 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload printSQLException
05.02.07 04:22:03 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport
SEVERE: DB Error during import of J2EE_CONFIGENTRY

SEVERE: Message: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO J2EE_CONFIGENTRY( CID ,  NAMEHASH ,  ISFILE ,  NAME ,  DTYPE ,  VBIGINT ,  VDOUBLE ,  VSTR ,  VBYTES ,  FBLOB ) VALUES ( ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? )".

SEVERE: SQLState: SAP06

SEVERE: ErrorCode: 1001142

05.02.07 04:22:03 com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection disconnect
INFO: disconnected 

and into jload.java.log file:

java version "1.4.2_13"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_13-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_13-b06, mixed mode)

Feb 5, 2007 4:21:53 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main
INFO: Jload -sec CRM,jdbc/pool/CRM,/usr/sap/CRM/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,/usr/sap/CRM/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir /sap/nwjava/JAVA_EXPORT/JDMP -job /sapinst/IMPORT.XML -log jload.log
Feb 5, 2007 4:21:55 AM com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection connectViaSecureStore
INFO: connected to CRM on jdbc/pool/CRM
Feb 5, 2007 4:21:55 AM com.sap.inst.jload.JobStatus readStatus
INFO: trying to read status file /sapinst/IMPORT.sta
Feb 5, 2007 4:21:55 AM com.sap.inst.jload.JobStatus readStatus
INFO: commencing restart
Feb 5, 2007 4:21:56 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport
INFO: trying to delete from table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY
Feb 5, 2007 4:21:59 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport
INFO: J2EE_CONFIGENTRY deleted
Feb 5, 2007 4:22:03 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport
SEVERE: DB Error during import of J2EE_CONFIGENTRY
Feb 5, 2007 4:22:03 AM com.sap.inst.jload.Jload printSQLException
SEVERE: Message: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO J2EE_CONFIGENTRY( CID ,  NAMEHASH ,  ISFILE ,  NAME ,  DTYPE ,  VBIGINT ,  VDOUBLE ,  VSTR ,  VBYTES ,  FBLOB ) VALUES ( ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? , ? )".
SEVERE: SQLState: SAP06
SEVERE: ErrorCode: 1001142
Feb 5, 2007 4:22:03 AM com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection disconnect
INFO: disconnected 

I tried to change time settings and use different versions of java (1.4.2_10 to 13), but didn't helped me to solve the problem.

Could you please help me to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian, Can you write the different package versions you have for your linux kernel , glibc version, saplocales and sapinit packages.

I'm having the same issue and after reading your note, found that I don't even have the saplocales and sapinit pkg you mentioned.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found what was the problem, saplocales package has not been installed successfully because of the glibc version (which is to new, 2.5) the supported one is 2.4.x.

I think as long as you can meet the requirements for kernel version, glibc version, saplocales and sapinit packages you can install SAP in any linux version that you want.

So the problem was that the table J2EE_CONFIGENTRY couldn't be populated because of missing saplocales package.

Thanks.

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrian

As you said openSUSE linux is not supported by SAP i think it is not worth trying installation .Good that you have given a try but SAP knows about all the OS and their department must have tried on this particular OS also.

Due to some problem only they have said that it is not supported.Its not about only installation its about all the functionality working after installation.