cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileEngine.config MI client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have Travel expenses offline functionality (MTR1.6) with the following configuration:

- R/3 back-end 4.6C

- WebAS 6.40 SP17

- MI client SP17

To be able to synchronise from MTR just after MI client installation, I need to change manually MobileEngine.config file and add the following missing line in the file:

MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption=local

Do you know if MI client SP 18 has a correction for this? Can I install MI client SP18 with WebAS 6.40 SP17?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Sébastien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien

Adding the specified configuration in the MobileEngine.config file is mandatory for applicaitons using their own sync button to synchronize. At the framework level this is not at all a bug and this behaviour will never change even if you upgrade to SP18 or for that matter the latest SP ie SP19.

Alternatively you can create and addon which has this configuration in it and you can assign this addon you a role containing the user. On the execution of the role sync, this will ensure that, whenever the user synchronizes(either for the first time to obtain device id or later), the config will be set automatically in the MobileEngine.config file and you dont have to edit the file manually.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

So far, MI client has been installed on laptops by giving users the URL for setup.exe download. Then I have manually assigned Travel expenses (EXPENSE and TE_BASICS) applications to the users.

Now, I would like to perform a mass roll-out with role synchronisation and I have been through the documentation "Installation of SAP Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 SPS17" that explains how to assign mobile components to roles.

It mentions I can use MiniApp and assign them to a role.

I have created a role in R/3 and I have assigned MiniApps to this role. The system does not check my entries for the MiniApp. Here is what I have entered for the URL:

http://localhost:4444/scripts/wgate/EXPENSE/!

http://localhost:4444/scripts/wgate/TE_BSACIS/!

Then, I have started role synchronization from the webconsole, nothing has changed in the webconsole. I guess this role synchronisation retrieves data from the role created in WebAS and not in R/3?

What should I do?

Going further with the add-on, how and where can I create an add-on that has this configuration (local password)? Once this add-on is created, how should I proceed to assign it to the role? In R/3 or in WebAs? What about the sequence compare to the application EXPENSE and TE_BASICS?

Thanks for your help,

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien

Please see the following link which describes how to create an addon. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f5/4ff03eae11e16be10000000a114084/frameset.htm. For the role, please make sure you haave assigned approriate authorizations for all the users(<b>S_ME_SYNC</b> and <b>S_RFC</b> auth is mandatory) and have also activated the profile. The miniapp name should be be in Z or Y namespace only and the name of the MCD that you have uploaded in the webconsole should also preceed with Z or Y name. Also the name of the miniapp and MCD name should be the same. If all this is done appropriately and if you either Start Synchronization from Web Console or if you execute the program <b>WAF_DEPLOYMENT_FROM_ROLES</b>, role sync should work and the addon should be downloaded to the client.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created the appropriate Add-on for MobileEngine.config update. I have assigned it to the role and it has been synchronised in the webconsole as expected!

Now, my questions are the followings:

- What is the initial password set by the system for users synchronised from R/3 to WebAS after role synchronisation?

- After role synchronisation, users are created in group MESYNC but they don't have any authorisation objects (no role, no profile). What is the best practice to assign authorization objects for these users in WebAS?

Thanks for your help.

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've finally found answers to my questions:

- Password initial after role synchronization=init

- T-Code SU10 in WebAS to assign role to all the users belonging to MESYNC

Regards,

Sebastien

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also use Parameter Set in NW admin console and set the particular parameter.

MTT 2.0 is handling the password inside the application. You might want to do this to provide more security. In this case look at class:

com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager

in MI. Look for methods:

setSyncPasswordOfCurrentUser
isSyncCredentialAvailable

If I remember correctly you have to set the password at each sync step in generic sync applications.

Thank you,

Julien.