cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max length of Dropdown list value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to know the maximum length that a dropdown list value can have in an offline Adobe form. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rohini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dharam and Anto.

However, I think I did not frame my question too well. I wanted to know the length (no. of characters) that a value within the dropdown list can have rather than the no. of values within the list. So, for example, would the value be restricted to 60 or 256 characters.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rohini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Sorry for understanding the question...Number of visible characters depend on the width of drop down menu/field. But mouse over drop down selection field will show you characters for maximum width of your screen size.

Hope this answer your question.

Thanks,

Dharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

No limit on no. of values on dropdown list value in offline interactive form. One thing will be the performance and how much data Adobe Reader can handle in Offline scenario.

If you have any issue or errors...Let us know.

Thanks,

Dharam Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its always better to keep the no: of values in the drop down to hundreds.

If you are running to 1000's, go for some other options like asking the user to enter the value and then do the check for that specific value. Also, usability of the drop down will be worse, if it has more values (just think of you selecting a value from a list of 10000 values - sorted or not).

It may also result in the scroll bar growing so thin that it disappears, do try it out yourselves by increasing the values to about 130000 [:)].

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anto.