cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting and importing projects and DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not blessed with the JDI, and I am in a situation whereby I would like to take a project from one machine and import it into another.

I tried this by exporting to a ZIP file, but when I try to import it, I have to create a new project in the target system, then import the ZIP file into that. When I do that it does not seem to preserve the original structure of the project.

I noticed that there are many different formats in which the projects can be exported. Do any of these allow me to export the project and import it, preserving the internal structure of the project, ideally without creating a project in the target system first?

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are working with the same version of Developer Studio on both PCs you can just copy the whole file structure of the project from your workspace to the workspace of the other PC.

Then, in developer studio of the second PC, choose "import existing project", and browse to the root folder of the project.

This should work, but keep in mind that eventually you will face versioning problems as you will make changes on both PCs...

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for a quick reply!

BR,

Tony.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Instead of exporting and importing you just try doing this way. Create a DC (or project) in the other system. copy the <b>src</b> folder and then replace the it in the second system project structure .

Then Reload and build.

This way it should work fine without any errors.

Regards,

Gopi