cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a lookup table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to import a simple XML file using import manager with the following information:

- NAME: STRING

- LAST NAME: STRING

- CITY: STRING

I have in my repository the next information:

- NAME: TEXT.

- LAST NAME: TEXT.

- CITY: LOOKUP TABLE (CITY TABLE)

CITY TABLE is a lookup table with just a fiel called 'NAME:TEXT'.

With import manager I select the XML field CITY:STRING and I clone it. After that, I select the lookup table called TABLE CITY and I make the following map:

- <b>Remote key</b> (Repository) maps with <b>City clone</b> (XML file)

- <b>name</b> (Repository) maps with <b>city</b> (XML file).

Finally, I select the Products table from the repository and I make a new map between CITY:LOOKUP TABLE (from the repository) and city (from the XML File).

The import status fails. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Marta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marta,

you have to import the lookup table before importing the main table data using an extra import map.

But if I understand your description correctly, you only have one field in your city repository, which is the display field. This way, you can also load into the city lookup table using only the main table import.

When you select 'city' in the field mapping (destination table is the main table), you will see the distinct values in the value mapping area below.

In the destination pane of the value mapping, there shouldn't be any values for the initial import. So you have to select all your source values and 'ADD' them to your repository.

If this still doesn't work, try the two maps aproach and import the cities prior to the main table records, then you can automap them later with the main table import.

Please tell me if this still doesn't work.

Regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

You were right I have to import one by one the lookup tables before to import the products table...