cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of an Activity in FS Relatioship

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

the scenario is-2 activities in a network with an FS (Finish-Start)relationship-1st activity finishes and then the 2nd one starts.

if i confirm the 2nd activity by 100%(final confirmation) without confirming the 1st one the system does nt restrain me.

can u kindly let me know if any setting is required to make the system prevent from making any confirmation of the latter activity first?

thanks and regards

shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi zhenbo,

i think u r right as the system takes account of the relationship while scheduling the ntw but neglects the same while we go for actual confirmations.the reasons for this might be that the CO effect has to be taken into account.anyway it would be preferrable that the system issues a warning/info message so that the user knows for example that before writing something in the text area there is no use posting it!!!

hi ketan,

can u state it a bit more specifically what do u mean by "check other parameters in the same screen"?

thanks and regards

shekhar

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shekhar prasad,

No settings is possible to prevent such action.

Confirmation has not only logistic effect but also the controlling effect. The system must not prevent such action, from technical view is no problem. Thinkable is a warning or infor. message, but in standard there is nothing to react it, and from my point of view, it is good.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar, Hi Ketan,

I have always thought such functionality did not exist in PS.

I have tried Ketan's suggestions but could not achieve it.

Is the functionality really available?

Rgds

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to relationship details screen, check for ‘Time interval key’ is maintained properly. Also check other parameters maintained properly in the same screen. System will not allow to confirm the activity what you have defined.

Enjoy SAP…

Don’t forget to give points if useful ans.

Namskar,

Ketan Dave