cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects 4.0 - CATS integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

what are the correct settings for the distribution model (message type), partner profile and connection (direction) for the integration of cProjects 4.0 into CATS?

We are on an ECC 6.0 system. cProjects is on Client 400 and CATS / FI-CO on Client 100.

Thanks in advance.

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred ,

This is Abhiram, i have also same requirement.....i don't know what is cProjects and How to Configure in Enterprise Portal.....i think u have documents....i request to u could u please send cProjects Study Material and Configuration steps in froent and Backend steps....really i appreaciate your work.....please send the study material and Configuration Steps to this id: jbkanikanti@yahoo.com

Thanks and Regards,

Adhiram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I am cProjects 4.0. I am looking for the cProjects tasks to appear in CATS against which time-booking and 'Travel Expense' can be captured.

On CAT2, I get to this screen where the time booking and 'Travel Expense' capture would happen. How do I get the tasks (or internal order created in cProjects) to appear here??

A detailed response or document you might have would be highly appreciated.

my eMail id: Bittu_Parashar@yahoo.co.in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

I have the same problem then you with the cpr-cats integration.

Have you received some additional information via mail from Manfred? If yes, is it possible to send that to me?

best regards

Jutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

you need to perform TA "CAT2" on the FI/CO system / client.

As soon as you released a task in cProjects (which has been assigned to a project role and a business partner in advance), and you enter the latter transaction, you will see this task in the repository of CATS.

If you enabled the CO process of creating an internal order to the cProjects project, you will also get the information about the related internal order to the task.

The distribution model for this scenario requires the message type "HRMD_ABA" and the BAPI "TimeSheetCPRConnect".

Regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred, could you explain more about setting the message type and running the BAPI "Timesheetcprconnect"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

in the FI / CO respectively in the CATS system / client

1. call Display Distribution Model (transaction BD64).

2. Create a new model view and enter a BAPI. Enter TSCPRCONNE under Object

Name/Interface in the model view and TRANSFERCPR under Method.

3. Choose Generate Partner Profiles in the Environment menu.

4. Then choose Edit → Model View → Distribute.

That is all.

Regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Thanks much. Your advice was very useful. I was able to transfer IDOC successfully from HR system to the cProjects system. However in the transaction bd87 in the cProjects system, the status says that the IDOC has not been fully posted. But I could see the personnel in the HR data. Now I want to understand how the personnel data could be converted to Business partner data in the cprojects system so that I could allot that business partner to tasks inside the cProjects. In the Idoc status I could see the personnel has been transferred as type "Logical system" and not type "Business partner". Please kindly clarify.

p.s. I could not reward points for your reply as the status of the question says "fully answered".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

I have created a project (in cPr 4.0). Also created a role, assiged tasks and staffed the role. How do I get to see the tasks (correspondning to this resource) in CATS for time / efffort capture?

It would be great to have some detail. Thanks very much....

Could you please let me know some document which I can refer to? The cPro 4.0 configuration guide has this detail, but at a very high level.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

How did you solve this?

I also want to know which CATS transaction is to be used to comfirm cProject tasks? Can cProject tasks be seen in CATS worklist? If yes, where and how?

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

solved the problem ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

To add to Reema's Question, We are on a system architeture of cProjects 4.0 and R/3 server 4.7 where HR and PS is located.

regards,

Amit