cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive XML with Business Connector, convert to IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to receive XML files with SAP Business Connector (4.7) and convert them to IDOC and then forward the IDoc file to SAP System.

At the moment, I have to do the testing for this.

I don't know how to send the XML file to the special port (5555) of the server. I read that there are serveral possibilities like http, mail, ftp. Can anybody give me an advice how this works?

Next problem is to get the created IDoc file to the SAP system. The SAP server is added in the SAP Business Connector and the connection works.

I would be very pleased if anybody could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Kai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What i understand from your scenario is XI> BC> SAP system.

1)XI-->BC

U need to configure XI's-BCAdapeter(as receiver).

in URL specify teh follwoing :

http://<hostname>:5555/invoke/folder1.folder2./<service-to-be invoked>

together with the username and password.

2) BC--> SAP

To invoke an IDoc, go to Routing rules and specify the sender, receiver, and the Message Type(IDoc name). In the next page, specify the name of the flow service to be created. and the Flowservice to be invoked whenever a message comes in.

Hope this gives you some input.

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just managed to solve the problem - 1 hour ago. But I am thankful for you answer, anyway!

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kai!

i have a scenerio where i have to upload and xml file and then mapp it to the matmas_bapi idoc and send an idoc to R/3 to change material data.

I have completed upto getting xml file converting it to the required field but im not able to send it to r/3 using idoc.

i saw your thread that you have done something like that.

if you can please help me out with this.

thanks

jawad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

It works now, but I have a new problem... I'm trying to add mandatory data (which is everytime the same) to some segments and elements of the received XML file before converting it to IDOC. I need to do this with the Business Connector, because the segment EDI_DC40 of the IDOC type QALITY02 is not reachable in the SALE in the R/3 system.

Does anybody has some input on adding data to XML file segments with the Business Connector?

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai

You can do this using the flow editor (mapping) tool of BC developer or using XSLT mapping.

BC has standard services for reading XSLT mapping and applying to the incoming XML. (Please refer built in service guide. I am not sure whether this is available in 4.6 but definitely available in 4.7)

Using flow editor is easier because its a graphical mapping tool of BC. You can define this as a flow serivce and call it in your main service.

Knowledge of BC helps in mapping and hence I would suggest you to go through the Developer guide of BC available as a download in service market place.

KK