cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Starting WebAs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

I tried installing SAP WAS on the local machine. Although my machine configuration is way below than recommended; 512MB RAM; and a paging size of 1024MB.

The installation did went successfully and I was able to start my WEBAS and even run a web dynpro application on the same.

However, after that I restarted my machine and tried to restart the WEBAS through the SAPMMC.

The Message Server and the Enque Server Processes that are appearing below the tab (ashishjm 1) {ashishjm is the host name of the machine} installed have been started.

But, another tab shown as (ashishjm 0) is showing a process running jcontrol.exe and provides the description is J2EE Server and giving the Status as Synchronizing binaries. This tab is also being shown in the warning mode.

The same status is being shown for the past 2 hours.

I do not know; what is wrong. Also, to add that I am not someone from the systems background but can try out the options if pointed rightly. Can someone help please.

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

in addition to what Alwin suggests, you can right-click on the jcontrol.exe in the SAPMMC console and choose Developer Trace. This should give some hint about the possible error (yes, it could be because of the memory settings, but it could also be that the DB is not online?!)

Strange thing is that whichever the case is, the jcontrol process usually exits with an error code rather than hang for some hours as you described in your initial post?!

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

Please check note 709140.

synchronizing the binaries requires your mem-settings to be right. The part about the bootstrap size is important:

-

Bootstrap Settings

The bootstrap values take effect for the processes which do the synchronization with the database before the actual start of the server itself. It is recommended not to set any memory parameters for these processes. The default values set by the java virtual machines are sufficient. For some older installations, it may be necessary to set memory parameters for the bootstrap processes (please see platform specific notes). If these parameters are set, please make sure that the maximum heap size is set to 256MB or greater. It needs to be set on every Instance_ID... and for all Server_ID... on the "Bootstrap" tab.

-

Best regards,

Alwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ashish.

Did you check wether your ICM is running?

You can add a parameter in RZ10 for the ICM to start automatically when the system starts.

Look up the available paramaters in RZ11.

Hope it was helpfull!

Björn