Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TASK_SCOPE vs APPLICATION_SCOPE

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've found the two Model configuration option while searching for a solution to RFC Problems. The problem is, system doesn't disconnects the Gateway connections at backend R/3 System while we configured Jco destionation to do it after 10 secs. This causes many open Gateway connections thus exceeding some limits at backend.

And I see some posts about TASK_SCOPE for Models. (Weblog: /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/08/adaptive-rfc-models-in-web-dynprosome-pointers). Here we've many Models imported into applications seperately and many applications on a page.

But I know that JCO Connection Pooling will suffer If I switch my Models to TASK_SCOPE.

Can you tell me, is this recommended to switch to TASK_SCOPE? How much performance decrease I must expect?

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Huseyin,

Even if you are using TASK_SCOPE connection pooling doesn't suffer -- you just get connection from pool at the beginning of request and release it to pool at the end of request (request ~ WD action handler).

Any model objects created with TASK_SCOPE are no longer mantained after request finished. So, I guess, it's not possible to use such model objects for context binding. This is the only difference from APPLICATION_SKOPE.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Answers (0)