cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello friends - general query

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have completed my training 4 months back and am looking for a break in sap sd . but unfortunately i am not getting interview calls even i have placed my profile in all the job sites, coming to my exp i have 6 yrs domain exp in marketing

Even i am ready to face interviews, am not getting a chance to expose myself

anyone can pls help me out in this situation , i will be thankful to you

also pls provide me solutions for

a) how do u create tasks and what are the min no of tasks one can create in a proj

what is the diff b/n change request and task.is it possible to release a change request without releasing a task

b)can we test global customization in dev or prod test systems

Any real time questions , if u can provide i will be thankful to you and hope you will provide me a good solution

kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the some of the scenarios so that u can be more confident in facing interviews.

Try to acquire more knowledge on the scenarios and how configurations are done and if any customizations you had done,

Some of the scenarios are:

Duplicate customer purchase order

Default First Date is not Today

Auto proposed all the dates when creating Sales Order

Define Material used at which Sales and Distri. Process

Assign a Cost Center manually in a SO (VBAK-KOSTL)

Transfer of Requirements

Define Tax Determination Rules

Taxation Explain with an example

Return material From customer

SAP SD: Scheduling Agreement Vs Contract

Sales BOM Implementation

How to Know that Sales BOM is working or not?

Sales Order Mass Change

Release strategy for Sales order

How to do rebate processing

Rebate Process with Ref. to SO

Consignment Sales Process in SAP

Issue free goods to selected Customers

Supressing Fields in Sale Order

Some Light on Batch Determination

Diff. between Item Proposal and Material Determination

Steps for SD Variant Configuration

Process Flow for 3rd Party Sales

Configure Intercompany Stock Transport Order

Number Ranges In Sales Order

What is Debit note and Credit note

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

Well your is case wherein you will have to show some patience.

Refer to this site and you will get some good stuff to work on.

www.sap-img.com/sap-sd.htm

Regarding your question

a) you can have n number of request. transport is when you are transfering the customization from one server to another. lets say you want to transfer from dev to qas server or from qas server to prd server. In all the cases this will be done by transfer request.

b) It depends on the client's requirements.

Just let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Change Request is that request when you do some thing new in customizing or configuration in the system. The system will automatically pop with the change request pop box , when you can give request name as defined by the system or can give your own request name with heading of what changes you have made while customization. The system will generate a request number and you save it. (e.g.:- VEDK-2785467) VEDK- means the Clients System name then followed by the system generated request number.

Now when you want to release the request you have to use the T-code SE10 where you can see the requests under the heading modifiable or released. Go to the modifiable option. Each request will have again an internal request number. First you have to release the internal request and then release the external request number. This will in turn released by the basis guys thru the T-code SM64 in a group when all the requests are pooled from different users.

The task which you have mentioned in your question is nothing but the what task you have performed while customizing the client system and the heading name which have given it for that task and generated a request for that task.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You had mentioned that u r having 6 yrs of domain experience.

Adding to it you first get through all the different processes in SAP SD. Also first try to map the business processes in domain with sap, so that you can talk just like that during interviews regarding the business processes , how u had configured the system with respect to your business process. And also try to get knowledge on how u can pricing procedures, item categories , copy controls taking into account the different scenarios.

And also few days back one of our friends had given some scenarios.They will be useful for you to have an idea how new configurations and customizations come into picutre.

Regarding real time questions, you might or might not get the same type of problem always and also you might not come across the same process at all times.

Go through the thread, I am of the opinion that you r confident enough to tackle an intervieww.

Ask one of your colleague to do a mock interview . Ask him the feed back.

Go ahead, You will reach the goal.

Mohan

Award points it it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

mohan thank you for your valuable feedback

i have missed the scenarios which u are talking about

if you are having them kindly send a mail to me

k_dhanekula@yahoo.com

regards

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, provide ur mail id, i will try to send some of the consulatncy address, wherein u can get the interveiws routed trhu them'

ok

regards

giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah

thank you giri for your response and for your spirit of extending help

my email id is k_dhanekula@yahoo.com

regards

kishore