cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

Is their a way that we can use proof of delivery....with out any billing reference...

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran and ramesh,

I have question in the same scenario above,

Lets say Delivery is created for 100, POD confirmation returns only 90 and customer is billed for 90. so far so good. What happens to the rest 10 quantity which has been PGIed and posted to accounting. We need to report the difference quantity right can you please explain me how this happens and what is the SAP standard procedure to do this.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know the name of the Outbound Idoc used by SAP to send the proof of delivery.

Thanks in advance

Alexis

Former Member
0 Kudos

U CAN VIEW THE STATUS OF THE PROOF OF DELIVERY IN THE BILLING DOCUMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOU can use the proof of delivery in billing document, it is relavance to the billing document, why becaue of the once you confirming the proof of delivery only invoice will create, so confirm the delivery using the traction code VLOPDL, in this trasaction . give the delivery document numner and execute, then the if any deviation give the deviation positive or nagative, the click on confirm the delivery.then billing document will genarates, if require and oyher help regarding pod please contact me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The proof of delivery (POD) process lets you report the quantity that the ship-to party actually received to the vendor during goods receipt for inbound deliveries. You can record the goods-receipt quantity, the verification date and reasons for differences in quantity that may have occurred.

The ship-to party transfers the proof of delivery in IDoc format into the SAP System or into the vendor’s external system. In this way, the quantities are confirmed once for the entire inbound delivery. The current proof of delivery situation is reflected by the POD status: Rel. w. difference , Rel. w/o difference or Not relevant . You can check the POD status at any time during delivery processing by using the Processing tab in the item view. The system does not make an entry in the document flow.

You can set the POD process in Customizing for automatic, partially automated, or manual creation of the reasons and quantities during goods receipt for inbound deliveries. In most cases, there are no quantity deviations, meaning that the proof of delivery process does not create any additional work for you. In these cases, verification occurs automatically via IDoc. Verification of the proof of delivery occurs via EDI using corresponding IDocs. The proof of delivery allows all partners involved to synchronize the quantities that are posted. SAP recommends that you use partially automated POD creation.

Reward me if i am clear.

regards

kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add for the T.codes above mentioned used for POD. Some more useful information.

Proof of delivery (POD) is an instrument involved in business processes in which an invoice is issued only after the customer has confirmed the delivery's arrival. In addition to the proof of delivery itself, you can also record the POD date, POD time, the actual quantity that arrived and the reason for possible differences in quantities. This is especially important for deliveries where the delivery quantity varies because of the nature of the goods or for which the exact delivery quantity is unknown from the start. You are now in a position to issue an accurate invoice based on the customer's confirmation of goods received. You no longer need to create credit memos. The reasons for deviation that occur most frequently in "real world" scenarios such as stock shrinkage, theft, certain characteristics of goods (volatility, for example), and transportation damage are recorded and analyzed in the system. This analysis is especially valuable when you are negotiating with forwarding agents, vendors, or customers, since all deviations can be reflected.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u will try this transaction code

VLPOD - Change Single Document

VLPODA - Display Single Document

VLPODL - Worklist Outbound Deliveries for PoD

VLPODF - Worklist Subsequent Processing for PoD

VLPODQ - Automatic POD Confirmation