cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new in XI and testing file to file scenario using ftp server.

Sender Channel

Sender Adapter v2723 for Party '', Service 'EXCEL_BS':

Configured at 2007-02-04 14:32:13 EST

History:

- 2007-02-04 14:39:13 EST: Processing started

- 2007-02-04 14:38:14 EST: Polling interval started. Length: 60.000 s

- 2007-02-04 14:38:14 EST: Processing finished successfully

- 2007-02-04 14:38:13 EST: Processing started

- 2007-02-04 14:37:17 EST: Polling interval started. Length: 60.000 s

Receive Channel

Receiver Adapter v2405 for Party '', Service 'EXCEL_BS':

Configured at 2007-02-04 14:32:13 EST

No message processing until now

It is deleting file from ftp folder but not posting that file to a different folder.

NEED HELP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did u check the msg in SXMB_MONI to see if thr is any mapping error...due to which the file is gettin picked up but gtting stuck in the pipeline step 'Request Message mapping'....also check ur configuration in ID....like hv u created the receiver agreement..

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the status in SXMB_MONI,and see the flow in ur Communication Channel Monitoring.

Make sure that ur target directory and the file name is correct.

And make sure ur path for the file name is correct.

Regards,

Gunasree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As explained by you, file is picked by Ftp, but not posted to target..

Please check in Channel/Adapter monitoring sender side and check SXMB_MONI any message existed if yes what is the error,if success , then check in RWB for receiver side Channel/Adapter monitoring..

Please let me know exact error..

Regards

Chilla..

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

In your scenario if XI is acting as FTP, just pick up the file from the source directory and puts the file in target directory,no need of mapping objects and also content conversion irrespective of file type.

Just check out the communication channel monitoring in RWB for receiver channel and if neccessary specify the adapter-specifications for sender and receiver channels.

u can check out the below blog:

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp in the role of a FTP</a>

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

From your question it is clear that your sender communication channel is working fine but there is some problem at receiver end either in Receiver Comminication channel or in receiver adapter. Please check that all settings that you have specified in receiver comminication channel is correct. Also please check that source path of the file at receiver end is correct.

While doing my first scenario I had also faced the same problem. While rectifying it I got to know that there was some problem in communication channel. You can get the details of execution in of this scenario in Rumtime Workbench, which will show that what is the current status of your scenario is.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

wht is ur input file type? if its not XML file, then you need to do content conversion. ru doing that?

one more test you can do is, send a test message to integration engine from RWB--> Component Monitroing --> Adapter Engine --> Test Message and from there send a test message to IE. If its successful this way, then there is problem with your content conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the file empty ?

What do you see in the SXMB_MONI regarding that messages ?

Do you use "File Content Conversion" ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using File Content Conversion. The file type is xml. It is not empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Can you post what error r u gettingin SXMB_MONI..check all the pipeline steps are gone through.

Regards,

Venu.