cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some question about Sales Processing

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

I am new to SD and would like to ask how to handle the following sales adjustment scenario

Let say, at the beginning, material A is sold to Customer X at unit price $100. After delivery and billing (invoice already sent to customer), due to some business reason behind, the sales team agreed to lower the price, from $100 to $95. So how can I realize this case?

Do I need to create a credit memo request, then credit memo to refund the adjusted amount (e.g the $5 per item) to customer?

Can I just create a credit memo reference to the original billing and modify the condition value?

Besides, how if the qty also need to be changed? When I created the credit memo from the billing doc, I found that I can only modify the condition value, but not qty.

Does anyone have idea? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome. Since you have already done the Post goods issue ( PGI ) means the goods have already left the company premises to the customer physically. Thats what is goods issue. So the set is set not to change the quantity. But as in your case due to an exception or some reason if the price is lowered, we have the credit memo functionality to use.

But incase if you want the goods issue to be reveresed then, you should cancel the invoice document. But if it is already released ( invoice ) to accounting then you need to reverse post it. So after the invoice is cancelled you can do reverse PGI through VL09.

Hope it explains. Pl reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

former_member220801
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But if there is some defect on some of the materials sent to customer, and agreed that no need to return the defect materials. In the case, how to refund the money back to customer? How can I issue a credit memo reference to billing document?

Could you please explain it in detail? Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, if the customer need not return back the parts, you can just issue them a credit memo with ref to the SO or with ref. to Delivery or Invoice.

The customization can be done in VOV8 for the credit memo request.

If the parts are to be returned back, you may to use RMA.

rgds,

Pri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Invoice Correction Request is ideally suited for this kind of requirement.

We need to Customize Doc Type : RK at VOV8 and subsequent assignment at Copying Controls.

This functionality will allow you to change the quantity , price. It will also allow you to change the addresses of Business Partners.

Once done, Credit/Debit note are to be reaised based on the transaction.

Hope this serves your need.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Invoice Correction Request is ideally suited for this kind of requirement.

We need to Customize Doc Type : RK at VOV8 and subsequent assignment at Copying Controls.

This functionality will allow you to change the quantity , price. It will also allow you to change the addresses of Business Partners.

Once done, Credit/Debit note are to be reaised based on the transaction.

Hope this serves your need.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gundam,

To create a credit memo request(G2) with reference, choose Sales document - Create with reference.

The system displays a dialog box in which you can choose between six tab pages (inquiry, quotation, sales order, contract, scheduling agreement or billing document). In the tab page you can specify the document number of the reference document and either copy it completely or use Selection list to copy some of the items.

You can use Selection list in the dialog box which appears when you create with reference to copy some of the items to the new document.

To copy selected items in the new document, proceed as follows:

Choose Selection list.

Deselect the items you do not want to copy into the new document. If necessary, change the quantities of the items to be copied.

Choose Copy to copy the selected items into the new document.

After creating credit memo request,proceed further and create credit note using billing type G2(credit memo).

regards

kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

at the time we will make the reversal enrty against the customer account credit.just inform to the financial deparment.