Did you mean: 

Multiple Mappings without BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is File to XI to IDOC

Due to Complexity of mapping I like to Split Mapping step into 2 as follows

M1---> M2

M2---> M3

I like to use only 1 interface Mapping.How do I define Message Interfaces in above situation.

M1 is Outbound Async

M2 is InboundAsync from Step 1

M2 is Outbound Async in Step 2 // This is where my confusion is //

M3 is Inbound Idoc

How Should I define Message Interface M2?

Is it Outbound Async or Inbound Async ?

Appreciate any directions you can provide..Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You dont need to create a interface for the intermediate Message type. Just create the Outbound and Inbound interfaces and give them in interface mapping.

After the "read interfaces" is done you have the source and target message interfaces. In the middle tab you need to give your message mappings in order. (i.e) target of first mapping is source of the second and so on. I think the you cant directly select the mappings and u need to type them.

the source of your first mapping should have source interface type and target of the last mapping should be target interface type.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. how do I test Multiple Mappings using Interface Mapping in my scenario?.

When I test Message Mappings individually I'm not getting any error. However when I try testing using Interface mapping with both message mappings Its producing Target Message nodes with NO Sub elements created.

Why it doesn't work with Interfacemapping while it works indivisual message mappings ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work, if the message created from the first mapping is a valid source message for the second mapping.

Be sure of this: the message mapping must to work without making ANY modification to the payload (for instance changing the namespace).

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Source System does not provide XML Namespace and I exported their XSD to XI.

I tested the first mapping which produced me some data. Then I cut the target source of the first mapping and pasted onto Source of 2nd mapping. And then when I test 2nd mapping its not producing Target Message. It seems to be 2nd Mapping expects in the begining

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAnd">

<ns0:Message1>

But First mapping is not producing the target data with above header.

How Can I over come this ? Would you please explain ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a mapping 1:n as first step ?

Pay attention, you can use this only as last mapping if you don't use the BPM: from the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/frameset.htm">help.sap.com Multi-Mappings</a>:

A multi-mapping is a mapping program that is not restricted to the transformation of one source message to one target message. You have the following options:

· You can use a multi-mapping in the transformation step of an integration process. In this case, the mapping runtime supports 1:n, n:1, and n:m transformations. You can map any number of source messages to any number of target messages.

· You can use a multi-mapping to map a message to multiple different (and generally smaller) messages during logical routing.

Only a 1:n transformation is possible in this case.

The reason is that the message split at runtime will be performed by the adapter engine.

Regards

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I'm using in last step..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This multi-mapping without BPM does not support TARGET IDOC message splits as IDOC adapter is not part of the Adapter engine.

Please go through the following Blog and some restrictions for this kind of message split is discussed at the end of the blog.

<a href="/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible:///people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

JE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Joslyn is right, but with IDoc you can use the "Bulk" mode as described in the note <a href="https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=814393&_NLANG=E">814393 - Multiple IDoc instances in an XI message</a>

Sandro

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Multiple Mappings, you need to make sure that output of first mapping should be input of second mapping. In this case, mapping will be executed in sequence in the interface mapping.

In the interface mapping, you need to give source interface and target interface and .in the mapping give 2 mappings

for more on this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/content.htm

rgds,

moorthy