cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize Tape error using DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm just a beginner in SAP as Basis Administrator. I'm trying to simulate the Online Backup using the BRTOOLS, wherein you manually set the volume_group for tape, the initialize tape and backup is successful. When i used db13 doing the initialize tape, it was tagged as SCRATCH that makes my backup failed.

I want to know, why and how will the initialization of tape using DB13 be a success? Why it was tagged as SCRATCH? I want to make this work so i can schedule online backup to our PROD server.

Thanks and regards,

Gelyne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just settled the issue already. I updated the version of the BRTOOLS and it works.

Thanks for all your suppport/reply.

Regards,

Gelyne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is exactly what i want to happen, but unfortunately, the system doesn't behave that way. During the initialization of the tape, the system was not able to take the tape name from the init<sid>.sap file. I was really confused and bothered with this behaviour. Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Gelyne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to init<SID>.sap and check this parameter are set or not

volume_backup = (SIDB01, SIDB02, SIDB03, SIDB04, SIDB05.........)

volume_archive = (SIDA01, SIDA02, SIDA03, SIDA04, SIDA05..........)

if not check with you hardware vendor and ask for tape lebel name

because system is not get tape lebel in init<SID>.sap file that why it is searching

for SCRACH tape label and failing with error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While sheduling backup in db13 just left the tape name blank

then system will automatically take the tape name for init<sid>.sap file

which you have initalize with volume_group parameter

cheers

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read the SAP Note but my concern wasn't there. I've read that it's really tagged as SCRATCH but during the backup the system would know the last volume_backup that was used. How come mine was not able to know the updated volume_backup name?

Thanks and regards,

Gelyne

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Note 204499 - DB13: New actions in the DBA planning calendar

Answers all your questions.

Regards,

Siddhesh