cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate SAP PS with c_Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every body

We are an organization that finance projects in Different countries, they do the implementation them selves. What we do is monitoring them and disburse the money based on each contract they issue for each equipement , so for us we need to keep information about these contracts and the disbursement. Most the activites which we need from contacting and sharing information and direct requests, contracts information can be done using c_Projects and c_Folders , but the actual contracts componants and disbursements needs PS as we think(using full PS system is too much for us), my question is what is the best practice and how can we integrate PS and c_projects for our case.

Thanks

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

Using the cProject Co-Integration is a good idea. But keep in mind, that one cProject project can only be replicated to a R/3 Project. And furthermore as I understood your business requirement, you would like to monitor the costs of the projects in R/3, not to create a Project in R/3 using the relevante data in cProject like rates, efforts etc. From this aspect, the object link functionality in cProject may be the better choice. Using object link you can collect all the involved R/3 Projects with a cProject element and view the relevant information of the R/3 Project like actual costs.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every body for their reply, for Zhenbo Wang, what I wanted to say that PS is too big for us since we are not Manufacturing or doing that work that would need the whole PS , all we do finance our client to buy equepments or build dams or make roods. The clients them selves make the contract with who ever going to implement this, all we need is to approve the contracts with the cost of every contract the disburse the money that is all needed from PS, all other things like legal documents Communicate with our clients using the internet thru c-Folders... I mean all other activities will be using cProjects. I hope it is clear now for you.

Thanks

Jamal

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Jamal ,

As the cProject does not have it's own controlling funcationality, you can link the cProject with R/3 project system (or internal order ) for the costs and budget controlling. But from the cProject view, they are only linked objects, which the user can view the information, or access the R/3 Project system (or internal order) directly, but there unfortuenately is no other functionality avaiable.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamal,

Here are the cProjects PS integration possiblities:

cProjects 3.1/4.0 - SAP R/3 4.7 - a CRM Middleware is required to transfer or rather replicate from cProjects to PS.

cProjects 4.0 - SAP ECC 6.0 - direct integration is possible.

Regards

Reema.