cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to test the RFC-XI-RFC connection using STFC_CONNECTION fn.module, I end up getting this error

"com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCException: Bean STFC_CONNECTION not found".

Any idea is appreciated.

Regards,

felix.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The probelm "com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.RFCException: Bean STFC_CONNECTION not found" is not a problem with SP levels. This is the problem that you encounter when u specify the Program id "SAPSLDAPI_PXI" and Gatewayhost-- XIServer.

Solution:

The Program id that you mention in technical settings has nothng to do with J2ee Visual admin settings.

The program id can be any arbitrary name that should match with the program id that you provide in RFC sender Adapter.

The gatewayhost name should be the name of the SAP system gatewayhost & gatewayservice from which you are sending the request, and not the XIServer.

In RFC sender adapter, the RFC Server Parameters correspond to the SAP system from which you are receiving the request.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what level of XI 3.0 are you on? SP?

There were issues with the RFC Adapter, we had a problem when there is no return parameter XI dies and only a patch for SP10 help it. We used BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

We are using SP9. What are we supposed to do?

Regards,

felix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

to better help you where do you get the error.

Are you able to send the RFC to XI, e.g. XI receives it and creates an SXMB_MONI record for an incoming message and then gets a status of failed?

Or are you not able to send the RFC to XI at all and it dumps on the R/3 side?

The connection from R/3 to XI is not the same SM59 which you would use for IDOCs, e.g. it is a type T for the JCO call. JCO receives it and maps it into RFC-XML and then sends to XI.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Not able to send the RFC to XI, connection dumps on the R/3 side. Not seen in XI monitor.

Yes, it is 'T' connection type with registered program id "SAPSLDAPI_PXI" (same in J2EE side). When I test the connection in SM59 it is ok.

Here are the settings: (R/3-Xi-R/3)

Here both sender & receiver are same R/3.

R/3(SM59)settings :

RFC - SAPSLDAPI

Program ID - SAPSLDAPI_PXI (registered server id)

Gateway host - nemo

Gateway services - sapgw00

Fn.module called - STFC_CONNECTION (se337)

RFC target system - SAPSLDAPI (parameter passed)

XI settings:

service - R_TO_R

sender config:

Adapter type - RFC

transport protocol - RFC

message protocol - RFC (RFC XML)

adapter engine - Integration Server

adapter status - active

application server - sap-bw

application server service(gateway) - sapgw06

program id - SAPSLIAPI_PXI

system number - 06

user - user6

paswd - xxx

logon lang - EN

logon client - 800

receiver config:

Adapter type - RFC

transport protocol - RFC

message protocol - RFC (RFC XML)

adapter engine - Integration Server

adapter status - active

system number - 06

user - user6

paswd - xxx

logon lang - EN

logon client - 800

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

felix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi felix,

You need to use a unique program ID in your RFC adapter config which is different from any other existing program IDs in your XI system. When you activate the RFC comm. channel, XI will generate an entry in J2EE JCO RFC Provider service using the same program ID.

Make sure you can see your connection in transaction SMGW.

Hope this helps.

Hart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to implement the settings, given in this forum discussion. It seems that, after activating the communication channel, there isn't anything registered in the gateway. Can anyone tell me why?

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see a new entry created in JCO Provider service of Visual Admin tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hart,

i don't see any entry in the JCo Provider. Is my assumption right that this should be after activating the RFC communication channel? Perhaps i should mention that we are running XI 3.0, SP9.

Thanks for your reaction.

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error <b>bean STFC_CONNECTION not found</b>. If you have a solution please post.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for the same. I could not find any OSS Note. Is there a solution ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I have a similar error situation.I am not able to send the RFC to XI, connection dumps on the R/3 side. I don't see anything in the XI monitor.

I am using XI 3.0 SP12. When we test the connection in SM59 on the R/3 Side it is OK.

I know , you had a similar error situation before. How did you get rid of this situation?

Help please!

Thanks,

Raghu