cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help SAP Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 on NW 2004S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am a Newbie, and i really need some help.

After 2 weeks i installed:

On the <b>Server:</b> side (machine 1)

SAP NW 2004s SR1 (ABAP + JAVA + MI) / ORACLE / Windows Server 2003

after that i update the system to:

ABA Support Package 10 for 7.0

Basis Support Package 10 for 7.0

Kernel (part I and II) version: 83.

MI Client 7.0 SP10

MI Drivers 7.0 SP10

MI Administration 7.0 SP10

MI WD Laptop 7.0 SP10

-

On the <b>Client</b> side (Machine 2) (Windows XP)

SAP Developer Studio 7.0.10

-

So the problem is that i don't know where is the SAP Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 Installer, so when a try to used the SAP Developer Studio it says me to configure:

(Windows --> Preferences -->MI Development)

MI Home Folder:

MI server name:

MI webapp root:

MI webapp TCP port:

(AWT runtime)

MI Home Folder

MI Logon Information

MI Logon user name

MI Logon password

-

-

I understand that i need to install the Sap Mobile Infrastructure 7.0 in the Client Development Machine, and after configure the Developer Studio, so that i can use the server to deploy my applications. This SAP Mobile Infrastructure is NO the MI Client 7.0 (NWMCLIENT10_0-20000910.SCA) Because i used it to update the server..

Please can somebody say me where i can download the Mobile Infrastructure 7.0?? I think that is the only thing that i need to complete all the mobile development environment, or maybe i need Tomcat too in the client machine?

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Erick,

you did pretty well so far. The mobile client is located inside file NWMCLIENT10_0-20000910.SCA. Just rename it to zip, extract it, switch to deployarchives, now select the sda for the framework type you need, (e.g. JSP for win 32), rename it to zip, extract it and you will find a zip file named NWM_JSP_WIN32.zip. Inside you will find the installer for the selected framework type.

Install that one on your machine, use the location and so on for configuring NWDS and you're done.

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Your solution works very well, thanks a lot for help me to resolve my problem, 10 points for you!

I Installed The MI Infrastructure, and the AWT, after that i create a user/logon and test the settings.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure and download through FW_INSTALL in order to install mobile client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Han,

Actually I have on my client / development machine:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.0

SAP Mobile Infrastructure

Server machine

NW04s SP10 ABAP + JAVA + MI

-

What is the FW_INSTALL? i try to search it in the software distribution center, but i can't found it.

I understand that for:

Windows Mobile Device --> CrEme Virtual Machine

Laptop --> I don't know! maybe i only need to have the J2SK 1.2.4_08

In any case, i am trying to run the example code (Sap Help) 1st 2nd ... with the Mobile Infrastructure Program. But i don't have idea how to do this.

Regards,

Erick

Former Member
0 Kudos

FW_INSTALL is the configuration to have users download the mobile framework from the server. Detail information is in the mobile configuration guide.

For laptop you need jre 1.3 to 1.4 version.