Deployment Location local vs. sap.com
What is the difference (pro and cons) between deploying an application to local vs.sap.com?
How do you change the deployment location (e.g. the application currently deploys to local and you chnage it to deploy to sap.com)?
The reason for my questions is that I need to change a particular application login module to HeaderVariableLoginModule per the following instructions http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/5ddc40132a8531e10000000a1550b0/content.htm. However, I can not find any of the local applications in the Policy Configurations section so I thought I needed to deploy the application to sap.com.
- Create a new development component project.
- Open the navigator view tab
- Copy from project1 into project 2 excluding metamodel if these are present
- Open your WebDynpro Explorer tab
- Rebuild your project (on project right mouse click and rebuild)
- If neccesairy repair project (on project right mouse click and repair project structure an classes)