cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nw2004s - Can't select tabs in view designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgraded our environment to nw2004s SP10+jdk1.4.2_13, and most everything works fine.

However, today we noticed that we can't select tabs in the Web Dynpro view design tool by clicking on the tab. We can, however, from the tabstrip properties select the tab name. Once we do that, the UI refreshes, showing the selecte tab.

This is not a solution, however, since we bind the selected tab to a context variable - this way, we can control the UI display programatically.

Not being able to select the tabs and visually see the page design is a real problem. Anyone else running into this problem? If you have seen this problem, has anyone come up with a solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The obvious workaround is to set the "selectedTab" to the ID od the tab you want to edit and afterwards setting the context binding again.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, that's a workaround, but a rather annoying one at that.

Can you verify that you're seeing the same behaviour? If you are, I'll open an OSS note to get it fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have currently no NW04s IDE installed. Open an OSS message on component BC-DWB-WD-JAV.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've opened a ticket.....

In the meantime, can anyone else verify this behavior? I'm currently downloading SP9 of the IDE to test if it's broken as well....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, this is really strange.

I've finally received a response from SAP,and they've indicated that the UI designer is working as designed, which I find absolutely ridiculous. Not having the ability to visually select tabs during the design/development phase is real impediment to development, especially when you've context mapped the SelectedTab property.

Does this bother anyone else that functionality (as trivial as this, but extremely useful) has been removed for apparently no good reason? If it does, let SAP know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not satisfied with the answer, just reopen the OSS message.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll also add that we've tried this on three separate workstations, all with the same effect.