cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new par files not being deployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am extremely new to using the .NET Connector V2.5 so may be missing something obvious.

<b>Problem:</b> After deploying a par file successfully, all subsequent deployments don't seem to be reflected in the resulting iview

ex. I created a simple "Hello world" app consisting of one Netweaver label. I then published this application and successfully previewed it in the resulting iview:

"Content Created with PDK for .NET\PortalAppliation1\iviews\PortalComponent1"

Everything works fine and the message "Hello world" displayed correctly

Then I change the origial application in .NET, adding a second label and changing the text in the original label.

I then published the app again but this time when I preview the same iview I still get "Hello World"

I have tried cleaning the par file off the portal and even deleted the iview and republishing but still the orginal "Hello World" version is displayed when I preview the resulting iview.

I have tried playing around with the par file options in the VS environment but nothing seems to make a difference.

It is almost like the portal is caching the old iview some how.

Any ideas?

ps. an interesting side note on this is that if I build the par file on .NET, upload it manually and create an iview based on this par file it STILL shows the old "Hello World" text ... very strange

Message was edited by:

Sheldon Lyttle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out that if I restart the runtime environment it shows me the latest changes that have been deployed. But all subsequent deployment still don't get reflected.

Presumably by restarting the runtime environment I kill the cache.

Perhaps I am missing some hotfix? I applied hotfix 2 to both the development and runtime environments, assuming that hotfix 2 would have hotfix 1 included within it.

Perhaps this was an incorrect assumption?

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sheldon,

The solution is to re-start the Portal Runtime for .NET after each deployment.

You need to restart the runtime application because of the fact that during

deployment you want to replace an "old" dll with a "new" one. If there is an

application that is still using an "old" dll, you can't replace it until this application

will stop use this dll.

Deploying of a "par" file is a kind of installation. It is not so rare situation that you

need to restart an application after the installation.

Regards,

Rima.