cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size of _key-values restricted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

I have got a BI-Query and a table view. Now I just want to display the attribute and its _key. The attribute is shown correctly but the _key is shown as 1.020002000000123e+17. In the Backend-System it is defined as 1020002000000123456 and if I use the Define/Test-Query-Function in VC it is also shown correctly.

Is there a size-restriction for the _key-values in the table-view?

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think you can try to change your format. Or if you don't need the key for calculating, then you can cast it to a string resp. the key is also available as a string (because the data are from a query).

Best regards,

Marcel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

the NSTR-Function is a numeric-function, but the node-key is a text by default...I tried out some text-functions and none worked.

Do you know, how long I have to wait for the next version?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

my information about the next Visual Composer Version are very limited. I only know a few details. Unfortunately I had to wait like you.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

there is a limitation in the Adobe Flex 1.5. The only chance is to change the node-key in the BW so that the maximum key-length is 12 chars or to wait for Flex 2.0...

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

have you tried the NSTR function? There are akso further information available on

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/40/a228173435437394f54c56de571ca4/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/40/a228173435437394f54c56de571ca4/frameset.htm</a>

Hope that helps. Flex 2.0 is used within the next VC version.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sooraj,

I tryed this before but it doesn't work. The _key is shown as a " " in the table view.

Greetings

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thank you for the feedback. Maybe it will work if I change the format of the hierarchy_key in backend system but in this case it is not possible to do that so I have to use the VC-functionality to solve the problem.

I don't need the key for a calculation so how can I cast it to a string? There is no VC-function e.g. "toString(Char)". Can you give me an example please?

Thank you very much

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try CHR(code) for typecasting

Regards,

Sooraj