cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving data from shopping cart to Purchase Req in backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM 5.0 with R/3 ECC 6.0 in the backend. I am brand new to this module and version.

When shopping and ordering, then running clean_reqreq_up to transfer to the backend, we notice a material number does not flow through to R/3. I have implemented the BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW to try and force a material number into the parameter field CS_RQ_DOCUMENT-IT_REQUISITION_ITEMS-MATERIAL. When I activate the badi, and shop and order some product, then I check the status, it shows the following message in the follow on documents, which I can not figure out.

"Shopping cart 3nnnnnnnnn/1 Error in Process" but if I deactivate the badi and do the same thing, the shopping cart status is successful. I am having trouble debugging this badi and getting it to stop in the code to see what is happening.

I would like suggestions regarding if I am using the correct badi for what I need, and if so, how can I see more details regarding my error.

Thanks,

Marty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who responded to me regarding this question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any updates.

Regards

-Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain what is the exact requirement for which you are implementing this BADI?Unable to understand why you are changing the "material No" while transferring the SC from SRM to R/3.

If you are changing the Material,then you may need to change the other parameters also like the material group which corresponds to the new material.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the material number actually comes over to R/3 as a blank field if we don't do anything. When we look at the PReq it doesn't have a mat number in it. we would like to force in a special material number in to the PReq, and possibly a vendor number as well. My first goal is to get this to work for the material number and then go from there.

I will see if changing the material group helps in this case. Thx for the tip. I'll award points if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My mistake, the material comes over as blank in specific cases only, we require a material number in the backend to create the proper reference to the proper G/L codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marty,

I dont understand what you mean by Material Number comes in as Blank. Have you developed special filters??

Can you explain the process in depth that you need to achieve and how and why you obtain those blank fields in Material Number??

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears to happen when we procure to an external vendor's website, the product comes into SRM, but when the follow-on doc is created, since we don't have that vendor material number in our R/3 backend, it is not brought over, or it would be rejected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marty,

When you procure to external vendor's website. the product will come into SRM as a UNSPSC code. This UNSPSC code needs a mapping table to pick up the material number in SRM/ECC and would need to be populated in the SRM Shopping cart.

I think your design of forcing material number while creating a PR is a confusing design. I would think it would be a better idea to handle it by a Z-Mapping table and along with the Catalog Enrich BADI to fullfill your requirement.

Please assign points if answer is helpfull !!

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this case, Implement the

<b>BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER</b>

BADI Definition.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul, it appears I was mislead by my colleagues on this one, your reply was correct, I should be using BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER.

Thanks for everyone's responses and interest.

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see this note

Note 906465 - Shopping cart transfer:Mapping BADI bbp_create_po_back/...rs

and please see all related notes also.

This note will be helpful.I feel this note will solve your issue as this is talking about same kind of issue related with transfer of fields.

regards,nishant

please reward points if it helps

Message was edited by:

Nishant Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but this note is for a lower package release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read the BADI documenation provided by SAP, before making any coding.

<b>Here is the SAP Documenattion of the BADI Definition - BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK</b>

Short Text

Purchase Order in Backend System

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW to change all data transferred to the backend system to create a purchase order. This includes the item data, account assignment, and text.

Standard settings

The following changing parameters are available in the FILL_PO_INTERFACE method:

Parameter Transfer structure

PO_ITEMS Purchase order items

PO_ITEMS_ADD_DATA Additional purchase order item data

PO_ITEM_SCHEDULES Purchase order delivery schedule line

PO_ITEM_ACCOUNT Purchase order item account assignment

PO_ITEM_TEXT Purchase order item texts

PO_LIMITS Purchase order limits

PO_CONTRACT_LIMITS Purchase order limits - Contracts

PO_SERVICES Services for a purchase order item

PO_SRV_ACCOUNT Account assignment data for service

PO_SRV_TEXTS Texts for service line

PO_HEADER Purchase order header

PO_HEADER_ADD_DATA Purchase order header additional data

PO_ADDRESS Purchase order header address data

You can use the following parameters for transferring the attachements to the backend system:

CT_ATTACH_BE KW attachments including document

CV_ATTACH_BE_DOC_TYPE Document type (standard is SRM)

CV_ATTACH_BE_STORAGE_CAT Storage type (standard is DMS_C1_ST)

CV_ATTACH_TRANSFER_ACTIVE Activate transfer of attachments

CV_ATTACH_USE_URL Transfer URL only

Recommendation

If you edit the PO_HEADER_ADD_DATA structure, you should check the settings of parameter HEADER_ADD_DATA_RELEVANT.

Activities

You are able to use the parameter HEADER_ADD_DATA_RELEVANT in the BAdI implementation. Assigning this parameter the value:

'1'

Means that the system only transfers the data of structure PO_HEADER_ADD_DATA to the purchase order in the backend system that is not empty (initial).

'x'

Means that the system transfers all data of structure PO_HEADER_ADD_DATA to the purchase order in the backend system regardless of whether individual fields are filled.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I am implementing badi BBP_CREATE_BE_RQ_NEW to create a Purchase Req, not BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

n the BADI , please check wr u are using correct method or interface .

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but for this particular badi, there is only 1 interface/method, it's fairly obvious.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Better to read the the BADI Documentation first carefully, before implementing the BADI.

Let me know incase if you still have any issues.

Hope this helps.

Pls reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul