Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5 - authentication request attaching documents in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SRM 5 in the enterprise portal (EP7) using

the SRM business package. Single sign on is enabled. However, when I

try to attachment a document, I get asked for authentication.

This only happen when running through the portal, not running SRM directly on the WEB AS.

Both SRM and the portal are on the same domain and running the same

protocol.

Steps for the Reconstruction

From the portal - Start shopping cart transaction (BBPSC01), enter an

item and quantity. Click on the spy glass to expand the item, expand

the documents and attachment section. Enter a document name and click

on search and add. A popup appear allowing you the browse folders.

Select a file and click open. A popup appears say uploand file to

server with the file size, then a pop up appear asking for

authentication.

please advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you that the said issue is only experinced in EP and not in ITS SRM, I assume that the SICF setting anfd BADI settings are correct.

Along with your EP consultant please analyse that EP roles and profils are correct for the said user.

also visit some other threads on this forum which talks about re-log in asked while changing services.

BR

DInesh

reward if helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

You mentioned BADI settings. Are you referring to BBP_CHANGE_URL. I seen this mentioned in a few different place but I can't work why we would need to use it or how to use it.

Please could you advise.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

We are also facing the same issue and we are also exact same versions which you are on. How did you resolve this issue? Can you please share.

Thanks,

Megha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. When the user is trying attach a document to an item in shopping cart they get a Security Warning for digital certificate of a file "appFile". Even if we say trust the publisher it still prompts the user to enter a username and passoword. This happens for HTTPS connections only. The single sign-on between Portal and the SRM system is working fine.

Regards

Prakash

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Does authentication in your question means - system is asking for user id & password ? Or you get a popup which you need to say 'OK'.

ANother reason for popup could be due to HTTPS protocol.

If it works on SRM URL, I guess it is with HTTP protocol.

Portal is on HTTPS protocol.

Check whether you have activated 'all logon procedures' in SICF for DOCSERVER service

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

We get prompted for user name and password.

Our investigation has shown that the DOCSERVER is rejecting the SSO ticket, so the protocol or logon procedures could be the right area.

Thanks

Jon

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

Did you create an external alias for docserver service ?

Have observed that this problem exists for external alias sometimes.

Try giving service user and password directly in docserver service logon data.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check it out the authorization object - <b>S_SRMGS_DC</b>

The permitted values of ACTVT for the authorization object are

01 Create or generate

06 Delete

21 Transport

30 Determine

PC Open Consolid. Grp Processing

PD Close Consolid. Unit Processng

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please verify with the BASIS Person in your team to Verify whether the authorization object is correctly defined in the system.

<b>The authorization object to check here is ->

S_SRMGS_DC</b> This refers to Records Management: Authorization for Documents.

Here is the documentation of the this authorization object.

-

Definition

This authorization object refers to documents (as collections of versions and variants). The term document covers documents, records, record models, file plans, and notes.

Defined fields

ACTVT

Entries in this field restrict the authorization to particular activities. Enter the activity numbers of the activities that are to be allowed.

Notes:

Authorization for the activity Create is only effective if you assign the same authorization for versions, variants, and attribute values.

Authorization for the activity Delete is only effective if you assign the same authorization for versions and variants (do not assign delete authorization for attribute values).

Authorizations for the activities Search and Transport refer to the document with all its associated versions and variants.

Authorizations for the activities Close Consolid. Unit Processing and Open Consolid. Grp Processing refer to the document with all its associated versions and variants.

SPS_ID

Entries in this field restrict authorization to a particular element type. Enter an element type ID.

SRM_MODEL

Entries in this field restrict the authorization to records of a particular record model. Enter the unique ID of a record model.

DOCUMENTID

Entries in this field restrict the authorization to a particular element. Enter the unique document ID.

-

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul