cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file transfer from SAP ECC6.0 to sap xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to write a file to another application in our envoronment for some MM/FI Data. I could not find a suitable idoc/bapi for this data. So I decided to write a conventional ABAP program that writes a file to application server. Is it possible to send this file to a ftp server from SAP using Xi. I don't have to do much mapping in XI as it has already been taken care of in abap program. IF anyone has done this before, pl. let me know the steps. Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Jassi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

jassi,

why dont u use XI to do FTP to the end application .

In this case u will transfer the file between two systems.

this link has got all the details of file adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm

Follow this blog though u dont require FCC

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavitha,

Where shall I write the file from R/3. Can I write directly to XI and from there send it to ftp server. Or I have to write the file to R/3 and from there XI will pick it up and send to ftp server??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi,

write the file to R/3 then FTP from R/3 to XI box and XI box to Receiver System.

But if this is a POC then thisscenrio is fine else why dont u convert ur report program to RFC this way u can reap the true benift of having XI ( Support, monitoring etc) as middleware layer ...

In any case ur report program and FTP will work !!

Regards,

Kavitha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use ABAP proxy inseted of ABAP report that write the phisical file: in this way you will take advantage from the use of XI functionality (for instance the payload-based search with TREX, the alert infrastructure, the mapping for future modification to the file etc etc)

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jassi,

I understand tht u want use XI from sending data from SAP to Legacy (creation of file) and ur SAP side logic is ready in form ABAP program. So now thr two options

1. Create an RFC which accepts the data processed by ur ABAP program. You hv to do slight modification in ur ABAP program by calling the new RFC at the end of this abap program. Import this rfc in XI and use RFC sender logice which i hv already provided.

2. Use of ABAP proxy in which u can create data types in XI similar to ur ABAP program data type. Create a ABAP proxy for this interface. Againg doing slight modification to the ABAP program, call this proxy in the end passing tha data to the abap proxy. Check the following link for abap proxy

<a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy:///people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

sorry for asking basic questions..I am new to Xi and exploring the best way to do it..Since the ABAP program is already ready and also I want to use XI's interface monitoring capabilities and also I might have to do a little bit of mapping in XI, my question is that how do I execute my abap program from XI to generate a file which will be then send to ftp server through xi. XI is being used at our company for all of the interfaces so taht all can be centrally monitored. IS converting the abap program to a rfc the only option or is there some other way also..can it be done via proxies....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jassi,

If u want to just write a file to another appl...then i think thr r some std FMs available...probbaly they r starting with 'FTP'.. you can search it in R/3 box.

But if the data is quite complex, then you can write a RFC which will extract the data and then give a call to XI which will create a file containing the data and FTP it to the target application.

You can refer the following weblogs for configuring RFC sender in XI

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

<a href="/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous:///people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jassi,

Just for FTP ing the file, why do you need XI? write a shell script or batch job and schedule some crob job for automatic scheduling. Its mere file transfer from one place to another, theer is no point in sending through XI.

--Archana