cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUD in SAP -> XI -> SAP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My scenario is SAP 4.6C -> (IDoc adapter) XI (IDoc adapter) -> SAP 4.6C and the receiving system should send back an ALEAUD. The IDoc control record of the incoming IDoc contains the following info:

SNDPOR: port of sending system

SNDPRT: LS

SNDPRN: sender logical system

RCVPOR: XI port

RCVPRT: LS

RCVPRN: XI logical system name

Shouldn't XI send out

SNDPRN: XI logical system

and

RCVPRN: receiving logical system

to the receiving system so that ALEAUD can work? Do I need to configure a header mapping?

In the header mapping configuration in the receiver agreement I set

sender: XI business system

and

receiver: receiving business system

but the control record did not change. How do I configure header mapping correctly?

I also set the Restore Original Parties for Acknowledgements indicator which is available with SP19. "The original parties from the IDoc request message are used. This means you no longer have to maintain the alternative identifiers (for party conversion) in the Integration Directory."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/1e642ad9cb72b5e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Tanja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>In the header mapping configuration in the receiver agreement I set

sender: XI business system

and

receiver: receiving business system

but the control record did not change. How do I configure header mapping correctly?</i>

Check the Idoc control record in your R3 system , the partner name should have now changed to the Logical System name of your XI.

Also, as it is an Idoc to Idoc, I would suggest that you create the partner profile with respect to end systems than with respect to XI. As far as I know, the best practise is always to create the partner profile with respect to your end system s and not with respect to XI,.

Also, another option to change partner name and partner type is to set the same in your mapping in the control record and in the Idoc adapter, select option ~~ Take sender from payload.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

> Check the Idoc control record in your R3 system , the

> partner name should have now changed to the Logical

> System name of your XI.

No, it still has the name of the sending SAP system.

> Also, as it is an Idoc to Idoc, I would suggest that

> you create the partner profile with respect to end

> systems than with respect to XI.

We want to connect a lot SAP systems using XI and the idea was only to set up the partner profile for XI and do not set up all the other SAP systems on all platforms. Isn't it necessary that XI is configured as RCVPRN so that ALEAUD can work?

> Also, another option to change partner name and

> partner type is to set the same in your mapping in

I do not have a message mapping, that's why I wanted to use the header mapping functionality.

Regards, Tanja

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanja,

Header Mapping should work fine.

Just to cross check ,

1. In your Reciver Agreement, in the option Sender Service under Header Mapping, have you select thed business system of XI ( XI's WebasABAP bus system)

2. If yes, check the adapter speciifc attributes of XI's Bus System and see what the logical system name for it is. Is it as needed?

><i>We want to connect a lot SAP systems using XI and the idea was only to set up the partner profile for XI and do not set up all the other SAP systems on all platforms. Isn't it necessary that XI is configured as RCVPRN so that ALEAUD can work?</i>

The way I have understood things is that as far as the End systems are concerned, to them it should look like no XI is in place. Only the RFC destinations should point to XI, but the partner profiles should be with respect to the target systems

Let me give you a case when such a partner profuile will come handy.

WHat happens if 2 SAP system send the same idoc to XI, and then the Idocs need to be sent to a single SAP system. How does the receiving SAP system know which was the actual source of the Idoc? In such cases partner profile with respect to SAP system make a lot of sense .

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I ask my questions, please note I do have a copy of the "How To Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc" How To Guide. I just need some clarification from the group.

Here are my questions:

1. XI will not send a positve acknowledgement/status to let the sender system know it made it to XI ok, correct?

2. The only status that XI itself will initiate will be if there is a techncial issue with XI, correct? (Granted the Receiver system could send a positive or negative status back to Sender System) I just want to make sure that XI will not send a status back to Sender System that equates to "Triggering EDI subsystem OK" (or something like that)

3. How does the status of an idoc get set to 12 from 03? Does that mean that I always have the program RBDMOIND configured when I am interfacing to XI in order to force the status from 03 to 12?

4. As a norm, are those who are using XI seeing a 12 status on the Sender System IDoc Status?

5. If a techical issue error occurs in XI, what specific error status will be sent back to the Sender System?(if at all) I am looking for an example status number of what to expect.

6. If we are doing SAP R/3 to a partners XI system directly and that partner does not have RBDSTATE configured on their SAP R/3 environment and there is nothing else on their XI system for ALEAUD processing, I am out of luck in determining if the IDoc actually made it to their XI system, correct?

7. The Configure Scenario 2 in the document How To Handle Acknowledgements for IDoc" How To Guide should allow us to determine "did the Idoc get to that Server" correct?

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Ian