cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO_ERROR_XML_PARSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using JCO to invoke a function module(DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET). I am building a local Repository to store the metadata. When i do an execute i get the following error

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (130) JCO_ERROR_XML_PARSER: Expecting a tag to begin with '<' instead of 'S', in "><TABNAME>SWISLAPCOM"

what could be the problem? where should i look for to debug this problem. Is there some way I can look into the XML which is actually causing the problem?

Thanks in Advance

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you do something like this :

functionTemplate = aRepository.getFunctionTemplate( "DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET" );

DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET = new JCO.Function( functionTemplate );

If you have a good debugger you should be able to see all of the metadata being returned after the new JCO.Func...

Look in there for any XML.

Is the function DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET active on R/3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Sorry about the delay in responding was sorting out a couple of other issues...

This is what I am doing....

func = repository.getFunctionTemplate("DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET").getFunction();

where repository(not directly from R/3) is a local repository I have built to store the templates.

Then I do a func.execute(); that is when the error occurs. I feel the error is because of the way i have build the function template in the repository.

I feel the error is in the way i have build the metadata for LINES_DESCR (a structure in the export parameter of DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET). Because it is deep structure and I havent tried building metadata for deep structure before this.

If you have tried building metadata for LINES_DESCR or any other deep structure can you show me how to do it.

Thanks

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this problem myself once, and after long searching I found out that JCO's internal XML parser doesn't like XML comments (Stuff like

<b><!-- This is an XML comment --></b> ).

I had some comments in the XML I used to parametrize my JCO function, and I always got that error. When I finally deleted all the comments, it worked.

HTH,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Andreas,

Where did u find details about the JCO_ERROR_XML_PARSER??

I get a similar error and am not directly working with XML in my code, so need to see why the error occurs. Is there some fix available from SAP for this?

Thanks

Dilip

Answers (0)